Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I hardly recognized Beckie :). They are so cute together!

Reactions: Dechi

·
Registered
529 Posts
Nice pictures, Dechi. I hope you'll post the after photo too.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are very cute. I cannot wait to see what they will look like after being groomed.
I have very low expectations. I am taking them to the groomer at the pet store who does their nails. They are not used to being groomed by someone other than me but they know her and it’s cheap (75$). She doesn’t use scissors and she definitely doesn’t know how to do a proper poodle clip. I have witten a few instructions for her but I know it won’t be up to my standards.

I chose this place because it is close to my house, she is familiar to them and the price is fair, so whatever they look like will be fine. Hair grows.

I hardly recognized Beckie :). They are so cute together!
Yeah, I know. I haven’t been well enough to groom them. When I brushed them yesterday I found little knots so I decided enough is enough, they need a complete job so I made an appointment for them. Merlin has not been groomed by anyone besides me in 4 years and Beckie was groomed once by a student groomer maybe six months ago. Their appointment is at the same time so I'm hoping Merlin won’t freak out as much. The lady is pretty good with him too when she does the nails, he never bit her. I will warn her and I’m hoping she won’t get bit... :-(

Nice pictures, Dechi. I hope you'll post the after photo too.
I definitely will. Stay tuned ! :)

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Very cute- I like the one of Beckie “smiling”!

Reactions: Dogs4Life and Dechi

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here they are after grooming. She had the same instructions for both, except that Merlin‘s hair had to be kept a little longer than Beckie because he has fine hair and I don’t want him to be cold in the winter. She was instructed to leave the hair longer on their legs, so they don’t look like tooth picks. Topknot had to have volume and so did the tail.

She didn’t want to use a 30 blade for the face, she said it would irritate their skin. She wanted to use a 10 and we settled on a 15.

I don’t know why, but Beckie is a lot better than Merlin. Merlin’s head looks like a pancake... Both have hair sticking out on their faces and it’s too long. You can see Merlin’s stain haven’t even been touched. Merlin’s legs are way too long.

So basically I’m still happy because 90% of the job is done. I will redo their faces in 2-3 days (Merlin has irritation) and shorten Merlin’s hair on the legs and they should be good !

They are both completely exhausted and happy to be home...

(Poor Merlin doesn’t look his best, poor guy. Thank god it grows fast !)

·
Registered
529 Posts
They look cute. Bet they are glad to be back home for a nap ?

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Adorable can't get clipped away :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts