Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
We have a 7-year-old toy poodle who loves Playology scented toys. She usually plays chase and hide and seek with the scented balls. I want to buy her a dental chew or other tug of war type rope toy so I can engage with her in different ways, but I don’t want this to ruin her soft mouth. Anyone have any experience? We enjoy feeding her by hand sometimes, and she learned soft mouth so very quickly. It only took her clamping down hard on my fingers once for her to immediately change to soft mouth. She has such a soft mouth with humans she actually doesn’t even use her teeth to eat out of our hands, she uses her lips! Is it possible for a poodle to play tug of war with hard mouth but know to switch back to soft mouth with humans?
Thanks!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, PtP! What a sweet girl Peggy is. It’s like her way of saying “sorry, Mom, that was an accident!”
Poodles are so smart, I figured they would know to switch bites but thought I’d ask. I‘ve read too many anecdotal reports of hunting dogs developing hard to correct or uncorrectable hard mouth after just one game of tug of war.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts