Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we have given up the quest to be a show dog, she just does not enjoy it as much as I think she should. Instead we are going towards the obedience side of showing and maybe even doing some herding!

I would have loved to show her and maybe one day but right now.

So I have always wanted to try a German and the other day I did one on a big black male Standard and got inspired. So take a look!

She looks a little chubby doesn't she? :lol:

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Well we have given up the quest to be a show dog, she just does not enjoy it as much as I think she should. Instead we are going towards the obedience side of showing and maybe even doing some herding!

I would have loved to show her and maybe one day but right now.

So I have always wanted to try a German and the other day I did one on a big black male Standard and got inspired. So take a look!

She looks a little chubby doesn't she? :lol:

She looks great PP!!! And as far as being a little chubby, just means more lovin!!!!! LOL!

·
Registered
478 Posts
She looks nice. This is really naive of me - but does "German" mean this is how a standard poodle is typically cut in Germany?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Do a google search for it and you should find some photos, but basically, like Tuesday - they look like a typical poodle trim - clean f/f/t, but have short ears and no pom on the tail. It's a cool trim!!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
She looks happy to have a cool haircut. I bet it feels a lot better in this awful heat. I also like her ears. They are a different look.

You did a great job on her trim.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I love it PP, great job! I love "different" poodle cuts than the regular puppy clip and continental clips you see. I really want to try a royal dutch clip someday, lol. Tuesday does look like a
butterball, but just more to love!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Awww she looks nice PP :) (sorry the show dog thing didn't go quite as planned good luck in the obedience ring!)

Just curious what you used on her, especialy her legs, they look the same length as her body. I did a one on Saleen today only I couldn't bring myself to clip her tail. I was to upset at having scissored her topknot lol. Maybe I'll get around to it later this week.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts