Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well on Saturday Tues had a bath and today we had a photo shoot! We worked on stacking and free baiting, turns out her million dollar treat is a hot dog. She goes nuts for those things lol

Next week I am going to set her pattern, its hot here and why wash coat we don't need lol

I took these off of a video as its easy to do by my self. Still working on getting everything perfect but were going slow. I am thrilled with her free stacking even though she likes to drop that tail but with some encouragement she will wag it and I know once we get to a show it will be up and ready as it looks perfect when she is excited.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
My dogs are hotdog crazy too!
A student of mine was complaining that she didn't want to use hotdogs to train her boxer because she didn't approve of giving dog's people food. I said Missy, I hate to tell you this but Hotdogs are DOG food LoL, they aren't fit for human consumtion. (I dislike hotdogs by the way, so in my house this is true). We've been laughing and teasing about it in class for weeks now lol.

What pattern are you putting her in? You have a couple of choices in UKC no?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Purple Poodle, Tuesday is sooooo pretty. Her color looks very unique. I like the way her tail looks, the length, and where it is shaved and where the fluff starts and ends, looks real nice to me. Now to just keep her excited enough to hold that tail up, to show off. Our dogs all love hot dogs too. Whenever we have any medications to give, that they normally turn their noses up at, gets hidden in a piece of hot dog, then guess what, they gobble that medicated hot dog right down, then start looking for more.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My dogs are hotdog crazy too!
A student of mine was complaining that she didn't want to use hotdogs to train her boxer because she didn't approve of giving dog's people food. I said Missy, I hate to tell you this but Hotdogs are DOG food LoL, they aren't fit for human consumtion. (I dislike hotdogs by the way, so in my house this is true). We've been laughing and teasing about it in class for weeks now lol.

What pattern are you putting her in? You have a couple of choices in UKC no?
LOL I don't eat hot dogs either! Shoot they are no worse then dog food, its along the lines of eating Spam, Bologna & Vienna Sausages. Read the ingredients list and you want to eat them!

I think I'm going to try a Continental on her, I put her in one last year and she looked good with her puppy coat and I know she'll look good with her adult coat, it nice and full and thick. Plus you don't see many (if any) Parti's in a Con Cut.

EDIT: Thanks FB! I need to get a picture of her when she sees the cats, she will stack her self and she gets that tail up and head up and looks perfect. I can get her to wag it for me and bring it up a bit lol I say "where's that tail?" and she gets to wagg'n.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Sounds like we have similar dietary preferences when it comes to meat. I would probably starve before I would willingly eat spam. I tried it reccently as a matter of fact. Bought the already sliced spam patties because so many people just love it... Hubby fried them up and put it on bread...Well I am a snob I suppose, one bite was enough to have be offering it to the dog, who by the way wouldn't eat it either!!! LoL. Guess Spam isn't as good as hotdogs?

It's so hard to put a parti in a cont. because of the markings. I have a really hard time when things are symetrical. I tried it reccently at the request of a client with a poodle mix. Oh man... it took forever. I kept convincing myself that the rosettes weren't even and weren't in the same spot on each side. It took me getting a tape measure and measuring to put my mind at ease. The markings were different on each side and it really messed with my head LoL.

Can't wait to see pics of Tues in her clip though. I bet she'll be pretty and since you see her markins all the time I bet you won't have any difficulty lol.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks so much y'all! I am very happy about her coloring, its gotten so much lighter since I got her and now with it growing looks even lighter. I love it. The only this I'm not thrilled about is her ticking but that's okay, its hard to avoid.

lol Her markings are quite different on each side and yeah its harder to get the pattern just right but that's half the fun right? XD

1 - 13 of 13 Posts