Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We finally purchased a professional dryer and tried it out on four of our spoos Thursday. It was quite the experience for all of us. LOL They all reacted with total surprise when they had this new stream of air blowing on them at a really high velocity compared to our personal hair dryers.

I have to say that we finally were able to blow Billy and Grace out straight for the first time!!
:cheer2: And there was a whole lot more hair there than we realized. We had to re-clip both of them so that they didn't look like giant cotton balls. :rofl:

We are getting ready to put three of them, Billy, Taffy, and Ivy in a two day show in a couple of weeks so we are really excited to have that last piece equipment on our wish list.

Grace won't be showing but we did give her a lick and a promise and love the way she blew out straight!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is the fluffiest we have ever seen Taffy....:lol:
The true Tina Turner look....

Taff has gone off square in her awkward stage but I will still be taking her in the ring to start getting her used to it. So funny to think she was all legs for months and then grew long almost overnight.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Billy has some real reservations about the new dryer at first!

Wet head! Love those dreads.

starting to settle in...How about Dianne's ear muffs? All of the poodles had cotton in their ears to protect them.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Look at all that straight hair! YAHOO!

5 o'clock shadow...someone needs a shave! Alien eyes!?

Billy checking himself out all over the table...

Nice, fluffy, smooth coat and love those ears!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wish we had never cut back the top knot when he was younger...sigh

Ivy's turn...

got a kiss on the nose right after I took this! Dang, I missed it.

She was great with the blower....good girl, Ivy

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My partner in crime leaving to go home in our first real snow...got an inch that night. The dogs LOVED it!

Mom made us wear these stupid things if we wanted to eat supper.

Mom's are always right. My ears stayed nice and clean.

Billy doesn't mind his snood. He went to sleep in it after a full tummy. Don't I look great in purple?!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
lol, don't you just love the dyer? Love the pic with the ear muff ROFL that was funny:p They are noisey aren't they? Glad everyone's hair is nice and straight

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's noisy but I have to admit that it is not quite as loud as our shop vac. If you don't wear muffs with that, you'll loose your hearing for sure! I love that dryer. Four dogs in one evening! WOW!!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BTW....If you don't need a shower, don't stand on the opposite side of the person wielding the dryer!! :rofl:

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
I've been looking at dryers, too. Which one do you have?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Which one do you have? I bought one for myself awhile ago and LOVE it. In fact I bathe and dry the dogs more often in my own home then taking them to the grooming salon.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Which one do you have? I bought one for myself awhile ago and LOVE it. In fact I bathe and dry the dogs more often in my own home then taking them to the grooming salon.
We got the Metro Air Force Blaster, really wanted to get the K-9 II but at almost $400 it was a bit out of our range right now! BUT, I have to say, that Metro worked beautifully. LOL... should have seen the mist shower spray coming off the coats.. we both took a mist bath...lol. And, wow, we were done in no time with the drying, couldn't believe it! We actually got 4 spoos washed, blown dried, clipped and three of them fuss trimmed for the show in 5 hours. Not bad!! Especially considering how long it took before, we would only have gotten two done in that time!

We had been holding out on getting a force drying because I really wanted the k-9 but glad we got the Metro for now. What a difference!! And FINALLY straight hair! LOL

What did you get?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Yep, it looks like you guys went through the exact throught process I did. I was looking at the K9 II but I ended up going with the blaster myself. It sure does work great.

If you want a little trick for getting things REALLY straight and puffy, after I have it really dry with the blaster I take my own hair dryer because it's heated and just go over the coat while brushing, just when you think you can't get it straighter and puffier you can! It doesn't take long because the coat is already dry and it works really well.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Yep, it looks like you guys went through the exact throught process I did. I was looking at the K9 II but I ended up going with the blaster myself. It sure does work great.

If you want a little trick for getting things REALLY straight and puffy, after I have it really dry with the blaster I take my own hair dryer because it's heated and just go over the coat while brushing, just when you think you can't get it straighter and puffier you can! It doesn't take long because the coat is already dry and it works really well.
LOL.. YEP, that is EXACTLY what we do! They need the heated one with brushing to finish the job and make sure it stays straight. And, I am amazed, but Grace's hair is still fairly straight even today! It sure made a ton of difference with the Blaster!

Yeah, I imagine a lot of people go through that "I want this one but can't afford it so opt for the lesser one" problem. Oh, well, neither of us ended up with the K-9 II, but you say your happy and I know Deb & I are happy and it does the work we wanted so, maybe the k-9 II in the future?!? :)

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Yeah when this dryer breaks i'll probably go for the K9 II but honestly it seems to do the same job, just might take a little bit longer.

I try to bathe my dogs once a week and they are usually just starting to curl near the end of that week. Sometimes more so if they have been outside a lot but it does help a ton.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's a good thing I have a great sense of humor!! The morning after all that fussing over Taffy, she went out for her early morning run while the snow from the night before was melting. When she came in the house I had a choice; I could cry or I could LMAO. I chose to laugh. She had mud up to her elbows and a nice blotch of it right in the middle of the front of her top knot!!!! Dogs will be dogs! LOL Wish I had taken a picture of that.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Wish we had never cut back the top knot when he was younger...sigh

Ivy's turn...

got a kiss on the nose right after I took this! Dang, I missed it.

She was great with the blower....good girl, Ivy

Ohh it looks like you have the Oster Power Max clipper! I have that one too. I just love it, its so much lighter than the regular Oster Golden A5. I have the Edemco ForceAir dryer, its the stand one. I bought it at Petedge and it put me back 350.00! Its worth it though. Your dogs are beautiful, I love the look of a freshly washed and blow dried spoo!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Aww they look great!

I was in heaven when I got my new air force dryer. lol it really sucked when I had to use a hand dryer on Chow Chow in a fully coat :wacko:

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I can't imagine trying to dry one standard with a blow dryer. Your previous pictures always looked fluffy and gorgeous. I have to admit though, these photos are divine!

I'm sure having a dryer like that is the best. It's funny it creates a mist shower. Logical, just never thought of that before.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts