Poodle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Groomed Vega today and thought i'd take some pictures.

Not terribly happy but at least it's a nice sunny day

I tried the new shampoo/conditioner from show season and loved it. I thought the conditioner almost made his coat too soft but it was nice to the touch..really too soft for scissoring though. The shampoo worked very well..got him really clean and I love the smell. I will order this again but might try a different conditioner next time.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
oh oh, I lOVE me some show seasons lol. It's one of my faves, which shampoo did you try??

Vega is looking great by thw way:) Seems like he was a brand new puppy just yesterday lol. Saw Zephy a month or so ago and he's looking grown up as well.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
He's looking very handsome indeed! Thanks for letting us know about the shampoo/conditioner. I need to get some for Zulee, but I'm not sure that I want to commit to a whole gallon just to try it out.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I used this shampoo: Show Season Clean Shampoo | PetAgree Grooming Supplies

and this conditioner:Show Season Condition | PetAgree Grooming Supplies

I'd love to see updated pics of Zephyr. He was originally the pup I had my eyes on from the litter..but when I went to meet the pups little Vega was climbing all over me and Zephyr was ignoring me doing his own thing..so Vega won me over pretty quickly.

I've always wanted a white or creme spoo but when it came down to it Vega picked me.

i havent tried clean yet, but i used the deodorizing and the essintal shampoo from the naturals line. i was impressed with the deordorizing dogs smelled nice for a loooonng time lol. i like the FLEE too. :) i'm out of little samples i need to order some lol.
i have some reccent pics of zeph with the girls i'll upload. i know mel just did a color job on him with chalk for earth day. it came out really well, she used a different kind of chalk.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Vega looks great! Love a fresh washed spoo.

I'm using CC products now, and I'm not overly impressed. I'll have to check out this brand. I plan to order a couple new brands to try.

·
Registered
752 Posts
What a handsome guy! I love the variance of color from his legs to his ears. Love the dripping wet shots too!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Awww, I LOVE the wet, washed poodle look...lol. They look so much smaller and not at all happy. :) What a handsome, handsome boy he is all fluffed out!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Don't be too quick to judge the conditioner as "too soft". How bout diluting it about 32-1....I believe its normally about 16-1. You can also add a capful of vinegar to the conditioner solution. However, since you are just doing ONE dog, not a salon full, you only need a tiny bit on conditioner in an 8 ounze mixing bottle with a little splash of vinegar....to cut the softy-ness.

Mixing products is normally OK for the day you are using it. Do not try to save it...throw it away because sitting on the shelve, it changes to a completely different chemical make-up over time and can harm the skin or coat.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts