Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just taught Mister how to roll over, it only took about 15 minutes. Man i love Poodles, as quick as a whip!

Any new tricks or old tricks you guys want to share?

Mister also knows shake both hands, high five both hands, lay down, sit, drop it, fetch it, pick it up, leave it, stand, Up (like into the truck or onto the grooming table, also up as in jump on me and give me your front paws, oh and stay he is very good with stay.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I just taught Mister how to roll over, it only took about 15 minutes. Man i love Poodles, as quick as a whip!

Mister also knows shake both hands, high five both hands, lay down, sit, drop it, fetch it, pick it up, leave it, stand, Up (like into the truck or onto the grooming table, also up as in jump on me and give me your front paws, oh and stay he is very good with stay.
Play dead is pretty easy if you have roll over down. :)

I always recommend this guy and some people don't like him, but I do:
http://animal.discovery.com/search/results.html?query=zak+george&search.x=0&search.y=0&search=search

He's got a ton of videos explaining how to teach fun tricks. :)

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
The day before yesterday I taught my dog 'Over,' which means she'll jump over anything I guide her to (broom handle, my raised leg, ect) she got it a little confused with 'roll over,' with she knows, but she's got it down now. Only took one hot dog and about 20 minutes! She's so stalky that I don't want her jumping over anything too high.. that'd be a huge THUD landing.

Can't wait to get a standard though ^^ it'll be a breeze teaching him or her things.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts

Can I send TheQueen to you? She has a mind of her own and only enjoys doing things when she wants. lol

On a good day, she knows jump (by far her favorite - she has springs for legs), shake, sit, bring it back and turn around. She doesn't, however, know how to behave :wacko:

·
Registered
2,645 Posts

With a dog like that you totally need to try agility or rally. Something that gets them moving while they learn commands would be fun for both of you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Meau's got the basics down pretty nicely. Sit, down, shake, kennel up, and outside. Stay is kind of an issue because when she's with me, she wants to follow me. Come is also a problem because if she's not with me, she enjoys running circles around me and watching me pull my hair out as she dodges out of my reach. She also likes to dance. Her favorite trick in the whole world, and the one she knows the best, is the one where she flops down on my lap and gets tummy rubbins. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts