Poodle Forum banner

Trick Club!

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  PeggyTheParti 
#1 ·
I was thinking it might be fun to start a Trick Of The Month club.

Each month we can pick a trick to train, from basic to advanced, silly to essential. Anyone who wants to give it a shot can share their progress through photos or stories. Or feel free to just follow along for inspiration!

If your poodle already knows the month's trick, you can try proofing it in a new location, with new distractions, or with a twist of your choosing.

Interested? Send me a PM with your choice for trick #1!

#3 ·
Peggy I think we should start with tricks from the AKC novice tricks list. If you have a CGC with your dog you only need five tricks from the list to get the TKN title. Video evaluations have been added to in person evaluations during COVID. The evaluations are done by CGC evaluators.

#4 ·
Here's a favorite of mine, an old photo from our member Asuk, who taught her dog how spin a fidget spinner.

There are some neat tricks with these on YouTube. If you try teaching this trick, just be careful to not leave it unattended so your poodle doesn't chew it up or swallow it.

#6 ·
If you take tricks off the AKC list for novice there are videos on the AKC site on how to teach them. You can also look for material from Kyra Sundance who has books and I think videos on trick training.

#9 ·
Vita I think the list of tricks is the same, but there is a newer version of that form so you can have the evaluator just need one piece of paper for the video version of evaluating them. Here is the link for the video eval version. http://images.akc.org/pdf/trick_dog_novice.pdf You also still will need the title application.

#11 ·
Reactions: Fenris-wolf and Liz
#12 ·
FloofyPoodle suggested I join the fun over here. I look forward to the upcoming trick announcement.

In the meantime, here's a trick Neely taught himself (8 seconds):

#13 ·
In case you missed it, here's the link to our first trick:

:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.