Poodle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just enrolled Rogan in puppy classes starting Sept 9th! :high5:
They ask you to bring a "fanny pack" for carrying treats, I'm not a big fanny pack fan lol, but I've used the drawstring type treat bags before that attach to your belt... I found this one on ebay and was thinking of ordering it. http://cgi.ebay.ca/TRAINING-TREAT-BAG-Dog-Agility-Bait-Quick-Access-Pouch_W0QQitemZ380150237965QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5882b84b0d&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14 I like the idea of it sitting flat against me instead of a pouch type... What do you all use for treats when doing obedience and agility etc?

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Fanny pack...also known as the "man purse" *cough*Ibettoddusesone*cough* :flute::quiet::p

I actually tried using one,I just felt awkward.

I like the one you posted a lot more! :)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fanny pack...also known as the "man purse" *cough*Ibettoddusesone*cough* :flute::quiet::p

haha
here's another one I like
http://cgi.ebay.ca/DESIGNER-QUICK-ACCESS-Treat-Training-Bait-Bag-Dog-BLUE_W0QQitemZ380150538581QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5882bce155&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14...
now I have to decide which color? match my leash? or match me? lol... oh boy, so many decisions! I'm thinking maybe just black or navy... to match everything!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I really like the flat design, seems easy to reach into to pull out treats!
I'd go with matching the leash, imo. I love ebay, I recently made an account...I need to sell some things (and buy) need to wait til I am approved for a debit card now, eh.

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Fanny pack...also known as the "man purse" *cough*Ibettoddusesone*cough*

I used to have a couple bright neon green and orange ones when I was growing up :quiet:

I just keep the food in my pocket for moose... sometimes in a baggy sometimes not. My clothes get washed so I`m not worried about a little bit of food in there for the washing machine to handle.

Although those bags posted make you look all professional :)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't want to look TOO professional! That's just snotty :laugh:
...but I've always felt that things are always easier when you have right tools for the job!

I guess I could just use my pocket too... hubby always says I look for ways to spend money! this might be one of those times! :bounce:

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
For some reason i couldnt get anyones links to work, so i couldnt see the treat bags. I think they are Great though!! I have been through Many classes with Riley, and wear the bag alot. I hate putting treats in my pockets! For one, some of my pants, the pockets are tight, so it woudlnt work. Also, i use smelly, soft treats, and those would just be gross in my pocket.
I have one that is pink, has a drawstring on the top so you can close it (great for agility so everything doesnt fly out, talking from experience here! everyones dogs had to stop and check out the treats at that jump! :D). Has a clip to slip over your pants or pocket, or a spot for a belt loop.
I find that i have enough trouble keeping a leash, clicker, and 1 treat in my hands, let alone trying to hold more treats! A bag is great. Good luck in the classes! You will have a ball! I love classes!

·
Registered
79 Posts
For some reason i couldnt get anyones links to work, so i couldnt see the treat bags. I think they are Great though!! I have been through Many classes with Riley, and wear the bag alot. I hate putting treats in my pockets! For one, some of my pants, the pockets are tight, so it woudlnt work. Also, i use smelly, soft treats, and those would just be gross in my pocket.
I have one that is pink, has a drawstring on the top so you can close it (great for agility so everything doesnt fly out, talking from experience here! everyones dogs had to stop and check out the treats at that jump! :D). Has a clip to slip over your pants or pocket, or a spot for a belt loop.
I find that i have enough trouble keeping a leash, clicker, and 1 treat in my hands, let alone trying to hold more treats! A bag is great. Good luck in the classes! You will have a ball! I love classes!

Do you have the "Biscuit buddy?" Thats the one I have, I've put a key ring on the outer plastic ring and attached my clicker! its so much easier when its right there! :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
This is just like the Gentle Leader Treat Bag that is hard to find now. Only on www.jefferspet.com have I found it. I like it because I can clip it to my jeans and it has 2 pockets. I put my drivers license in one and don't have to carry a purse. Also I like that it snaps open with lots of room to stick my hand in for a treat.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I like that flat "fanny pack" ones. They are longer, and more rectular, and well flat (sorry can't find a pic). The dogs can't just poke their head in and get one. LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts