Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried their dog on a tread mill. I watched a couple of videos on youtube - one with Cesar Milan - I hope to train Teddy and Ginger to do some 'time' on it soon. lol

·
Registered
216 Posts
I hate gyms, treadmills, bikes and rowing machines, so I couldn't imagine putting my dogs on one. I like the open air and playing with them.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't go to gym and can't use a tread mill - I march lol - but I can't walk my dogs enough so that's why I am going to try the tread mill. they need more exercise.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well we got the treadmill and lo and behold the key that powers it up is broken. My son got it going with a screw driver but when he stepped on it it made a loud noise and stopped. He is going to look at it and see if he can fix it. I hope I hope - Teddy needs it!

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Moose LOVED his treadmill until I broke it.

Apparently hosing it down to remove the stuck on poopys is not a good idea :( After a handful of hosings it stopped working.

Luckily we spent $50 on it from CL only.. lol.

I haven't gotten him another yet due to our moving and moving situation.

Once we settle into the new house I plan to teach him "Patrol" (command) where I take him around the front part of the property on my quad and him following. I`m sure he will love it.

Right now I ride a bike and he stays next to me, just enough to keep him happy and me not from dieing. L O L.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My dogs would love that! should i expect Teddy to poop on the tread mill? Need fair warning! lol

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My son made a new key for the treadmill and got it going. We put Teddy on and he didn't balk at all but it started slowing down and whining so we got him off and my son is going to check the belt. I can't wait - I think he is going to like it!

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Even if Moose P'd and Pooped prior he seemed to poop 3 out of 4 times he was on it. If it's dry/nomral it goes righ toff the bakc no big deal (but you must know this and use it outside!!!), if soft it can get messy.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh my goodness - I didn't know that - was he scared do you think? I hope Teddy doesn't do that. We have it on the porch. I don't want no messes! lol the Dog Whisperer doesn't warn you about that! ha ha

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Every person I know that has put their dog on a treadmill says they poop on it. When we first got moose on it I was really careful and made sure he ran a bit in the yard pooped then got on. This didn't work every time, and eventually I stopped making him poop first... he would poop no matter what.

Make sure the back faces away from your house ;)

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wow - I am going to have to be careful because its on my porch and the back faces the glass slider. We put them on last night for a little bit - both Teddy and Ginger and they did good - no pooping How long did you keep him on it?

·
Poodle Named Moose
1,125 Posts
Moose started for a short time then went up to I believe 1hr. He LOVED IT so much and smiled... I have a pic her esomeplace :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts