Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is 500 or more miles to Oklahoma. So I drove with Ivan in the front seat the way there and he threw up twice.

I Didn't know what to expect when going to my moms with Ivan. For one, she is natzi about everything being clean and two, she is not so big on animals or kids. She was actually excited about Ivan and was patting him on the head and cooing at him. She also took pictures of him which is a big deal. It was so cute to see him lay at her feet. And she liked him even after the unfortunate event.

So this was the first time besides bringing him home, that he was traveling to a new place. I kept him on a leash for awhile to get him used to everything and was pretty confident about his potty training at almost 4 months but it shows how naive I am. An other first also is that there was a dog outside that he got to play with. But unfortunately it did distract him a bit from his business. He pooped on the carpet and it was a min after I just had taken him outside. So he did pee outside. So I think he either is just needing more house training or he doesn't like to poop in a different place away from his backyard. His house training has gone really well. The only accident after he turned 3 months was when I brought him home a new bed, he peed on the bed. Maybe he is just sensitive to new smells. I am still fully confident with Ivan in my house. Seeing Ivan in different situations makes me very proud of his behavior that was good. Like we've grown in a way.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Your mom sounds like my mom, LOL! I haven't brought Jager to her house yet because even at 7 months, he's still not completely housetrained.

Sounds like Ivan did pretty good. He's still a baby-baby at just 4 months old so I would not worry about potty accidents, totally normal.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Sounds like it was a good trip! For a puppy he did good! Coco left a surprise on Mom and Dads kitchen floor when we up in August lol - I was shocked and he is much older. Mom amd Dad didn't even care. Glad your mom was cool with him.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts