Poodle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a red 3/4 poodle, 1/4 cavalier. He has around 12 dark trauma spots and having read a few threads on this site am delighted to hear that the hair does return to their faded colour. I have no idea what trauma has caused it. How soon would the spots appear and how soon could they disappear? He’s had them around 12 weeks now. Photos to show the severity.
Dog Water dog Carnivore Dog supply Couch

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
I wonder if his trauma spots are the result of rough play with his companion.

·
Premium Member
24,640 Posts
Johanna I also thought those looked like a pattern that could be from bites.

Reactions: Deere

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for your comments, at this stage I have a few thoughts, one is the same as yours as she jumps all over him at times, a second is he absolutely hates being groomed and physically shakes, a third is he was nipped by my sisters Doberman on his side. The hair has really grown on these sites and his original deep red, very coarse, I’ll update if it fades.

·
Premium Member
24,640 Posts
I suspect if you clip short in the not too distant future you will see that they are already getting lighter.

·
Premium Member
24,640 Posts
Let us know what happens.

Reactions: Rose n Poos

·
Registered
108 Posts
This is my mini Finn 6 months on from a dog bite to his back. The dark hair patch is still visible. The colour is still showing at the roots too. He is usually clipped about every 3 weeks with a number 4 blade, so the return to his faded colour is going slowly for us.

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
It was an awful experience and has left him nervous of large dogs, especially Husky types, as that’s the dog that attacked him. The little marks are a reminder…but they will fade and positive experiences will help him regain his trust in larger dogs. I hope your boys marks fade quickly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts