Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Max tested out of puppy class yesterday!! Yay! Now we will start attending basic obedience. I'm planning on continuing on and at least getting him certified as a therapy dog.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Just a little TIP on certifying as a therapy dog. There are two big places to go, the Delta Society, and TDI, (therapy dogs international) If you visit with a hospital or anywhere with a local group that runs under a different name, such as MytownTherapyAnimals.... The TDI certification insurance doesn't cover you during those visits. The Delta Society will cover you under ANY therapy visit no mater who you are representing.

Thanks goodness Paris certified through Delta!

This could be very important if there is a freak accidental issue.

I was warned this with a letter from the Intermountain READ (Reading Education Assistance Dog) program, which Paris is also certified in.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I'll remember to ask about that. When I certified my collie as a thereapy dog it was through the Delta Society. I'll have to ask our training center what they do.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Thanks! I'll remember to ask about that. When I certified my collie as a thereapy dog it was through the Delta Society. I'll have to ask our training center what they do.
You can train anywhere, even at home. The Delta Society website has dates and locations of testing all over the US, I took Paris to Indianapolis to test. I ordered the book training course on the website and read that, took the little test at the end of the book, and took that to the testing site. I paid $20 to the delta lady and she testing us as a team.

Your pup has to be one year old before testing, Paris was a year and four days old when she passed the test! You also have to have the vet fill out the form for the dog before you test.
I was soooooooo nervous I almost had a wreck on the way! Paris wasn't nervous at all! Bratty doggie! ha..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts