Poodle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're maybe 3 months from adding our miniature poodle to the household, and I'm starting to prep the kids (age 6). Anyone know any good training videos I should look for? We've been talking about dogs and practicing using the local village dogs and friends' dogs, but kids are kids and I think a video might have their attention in a way mom blabbing on doesn't always have...

What I really want is maybe two different things - first something to help the kids understand dogs in general better (such as, they are reading your body language always, they don't think a polite greeting is to run up and stick your face in theirs, eye contact can actually be a bad thing, they 'talk' to you with their facial expressions, posture, tail, etc etc). Second would be a nice basic training video so that we can all practice using the same gestures and words for the standard sit/stay/heel, etc.

Any advice is appreciated. There seems to be a TON of youtube and other videos out there, so I would greatly appreciate help in narrowing down the field.

·
Super Moderator
5,314 Posts
This is such a wonderful idea! I saw a TV show recently, which featured a couple who have half a dozen gorgeously trained, kid-friendly Newfoundland dogs. They use them in a school program to teach children about safe dog handling. I wish they had a video series for you!!

I'll do some google searching, just in case.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts