Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i have a picky poodle. she is fed wellness and eats it so that's good.
she's turned her nose up at evo and innova. she is just that picky.

but i found a treat that works and is like puppy crack.

beneful.

omg. my son's dog has been staying with us and that is what she eats. i grabbed a handful as i ran out the door to walk and do a bit of basic training with temperance today.

she was CRAZY about it. she performed beautifully. she wanted more and more.

i felt like i was feeding her mcdonald's fast food.

i think it's puppy crack. lol.:rolffleyes:

·
Registered
631 Posts
Too funny! I admit, french fries are almost crack for me. My dogs are super picky. They turn up their nose at that kind of food, milk bones, etc. They are both allergic to grains, so that is better in the long run. I use these treat that are called Natural Nibbles which is just dehydrated meat and the fish ones are doggie crack for my girls!

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
foods like beneful stick wackloadsof extra flavour on them so dogs will prefer them....

And yes- i've used kibble as treats most of the time i'vefed raw- i get the sample bags from the pet stores (cat food is even more lovedinour house)

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Oooh, that's an excellent idea. I bought a sample bag of Evo and my cat won't touch it. I bet Teddy would, though. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
LOL so funny that you said that...speaking of Beneful...my dad makes labels for Nestle Purina, and is ALWAYS lecturing me about how I should feed my dog Beneful, because it is the "best dog food out there". I spent an hour tonight trying to convince otherwise..but he remains convinced that nothing is healthier or safer than Beneful...:doh:

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i usually have nutritious high value treats for poof when training, but i was out and didn't want to just go on a walk and not do a bit of work (working on walking beside me and sitting when i stop) and a few downs & stays.

anyway, since my son had brought the beneful over for his dog i grabbed a handful and stuck it in my pocket. she LOVED it. ugh and argh.

junk food doggie.

reminds me of my kids when they were little "we want a kids meal from mcdonald's ... why can't we have one? so and so gets their kids them ALLLLL the time????????????"

fortunately some of my efforts at minimizing the junk in my human kids worked. and i did get poof to eat breakfast this morning instead of staring longingly at the beneful!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts