Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I said elsewhere, Normie had his 'worst dog' day at Obedience yesterday. So a friend sent me this to cheer me up. It seems that even those well-trained service dogs don't start out that way.

·
Premium Member
3,400 Posts
That dog flunked out of their school before training even started. Just didn't have the right temperament at all and there were way too many behaviors to undo. But, that's a hilarious video. I'm sure he'll make a fine pet and maybe even a solid competitor in the right hands. That's a lot of dog for sure.

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
I think my favourite bit is him opening the fridge door with such enthusiasm that he takes the fridge with it! Definitely the wrong temperament for that job, but I hope he found a home that appreciates him for what he is.

·
Super Moderator
1,505 Posts
I think my favourite bit is him opening the fridge door with such enthusiasm that he takes the fridge with it! Definitely the wrong temperament for that job, but I hope he found a home that appreciates him for what he is.
And that can handle a dog that now knows how to open the fridge. ;)

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
OMG I love this dog. Pretty sure that's a Malinois and yeah, that video really shows why just because a dog is a working dog, doesn't mean they'd make a great service animal.

I absolutely adore Mals, they are just so enthusiastic about everything. One of my best friends had one, and one of Annie's best friends at the dog park is a Mal. I don't think I would ever want to actually LIVE with one, but i would love to borrow one for a little while.

·
Super Moderator
1,505 Posts
Someone I know had a Belgian Shepherd, which is a fairly closely related breed. During the puppy chew-everything phase she taught the dog to give up prized items by trading them for treats. One day the dog brought her a sock. She gave him a treat. Then he came back with another sock. She gave him another treat. He came back with a third sock. At this point she got suspicious and followed him. Turns out he had gone through the clean laundry, pulled out all the socks, and set them aside as currency for his newly hatched treat exchange scheme.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Someone I know had a Belgian Shepherd, which is a fairly closely related breed. During the puppy chew-everything phase she taught the dog to give up prized items by trading them for treats. One day the dog brought her a sock. She gave him a treat. Then he came back with another sock. She gave him another treat. He came back with a third sock. At this point she got suspicious and followed him. Turns out he had gone through the clean laundry, pulled out all the socks, and set them aside as currency for his newly hatched treat exchange scheme.
????? Seems like something our Aussie would have done!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts