Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
8E37FFEA-1056-4632-BE6B-7BFD837FD0B3.jpeg
17E2C6B9-FA31-4AC7-A46B-CB023207EC0B.jpeg

Why am I sitting out in the cold mucky wet you ask? This girl has decided she can’t poop outside. I’m waiting her out, and giving her crate time.

“Give me poop and I’ll give you freedom.”

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
View attachment 472940 View attachment 472941

Why am I sitting out in the cold mucky wet you ask? This girl has decided she can’t poop outside. I’m waiting her out, and giving her crate time.

“Give me poop and I’ll give you freedom.”
Hahaha Misha will not poop or pee in a wet yard either. He insists on going for a walk instead! He has an iron bladder. I think he would keep me waiting all day!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, Raindrops, I eventually had to give up and walk her around the block where she proceeded to have the biggest poo of her life since she had been holding on to it for a while. She is back to cavorting around the living room.

Why do I have a fenced back yard with a dog door- and still have to walk my dog for a poo? As a certain papillon would say: "UNFAIR!"

392E616F-C920-45EF-96D9-D0204AF4A8BD_1_201_a.jpeg

"La-dee-dah!" -Violet

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I have the satisfaction that comes from trying- and she didn’t poop indoors which is the behavior that got her bumped back down to puppy potty training again. Her spay set us back a ways.

·
Registered
7,676 Posts
I have the same problem. Babykins wants a nice walk and a great sniffing spot before she will potty. She refuses to potty on our property. Such a pain in bad weather. Twice I tried to get her to go on our property, darn dog, I took her out every hour and she held it in the whole time.

Reactions: Newport and eeeeeek

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, Skylar, it sounds like you understand my frustration perfectly. Violet and Babykins must be reading the same poodle playbook 😄

Reactions: Skylar

·
Premium Member
13,075 Posts
I agree absolutely - why am I the one standing out in the rain in my dressing gown while Poppy hunts for scraps of dropped cat food in the porch and Sophy refuses to even set paw outside because it is wet!

And Subsection 12 Part 22 says that if the human gets an aperitif the dogs get treats, and if the human chooses not to have an aperitif out of some misguided attempt to improve her health that is not a reason for the dogs to miss out on their treats.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
We have a dog door that opens to an approved dog potty area (i.e. a graveled area). The Chihuahua adamantly refuses to get her feet wet, so I had to put a piece of AstroTurf outside the door for her highness. Even so, that darned little dog will pee and/or poop just this side of the dog door if there is rain or snow. Thankfully we do not have much wet weather in New Mexico!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You all have me in a fit of laughter! So glad I am not alone in my struggles with providing properly for the royal dog. Today’s small triumph: she did poop in the backyard independently. Score one for humanity.

Her Royal Scruffiness also had her first puppichino this morning:
EE8D8749-0A8A-46C6-9810-BFA2BB5AAAE0.jpeg A639554D-88FD-4972-ACD0-22CCDE7D4E4E.jpeg

Reactions: Porkchop

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
We have a small outdoor table outside the door to the pee area Trixie uses. Trixie uses it in bad weather as a safe snow and rain free potty area lol. Otherwise yes, she will also hold it forever (then choose indoors)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Like the little prince he wants to be, Bb has decided he wants to poop only looking down at the world. This is a fine behavior if you live in a hilly area. Lower Manhattan is not such a place. Pooping on the sofa and the kids' beds is perfectly acceptable to Bb. Less so to the humans. My kids call this "Poopcour" instead of Parkour.

Back to the crate the pup goes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts