Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations on toys that run for dogs? Something like a cat toy (running mouse or rabbit). Do they make that for dogs or should I just buy a cat toy for Miu Miu? My Miu Miu loves chasing real rabbits. She's so fast. I think she'll catch it one day. We have our entire acre yard fenced with puppy fencing. But these fat rabbits are still able to get in and leave their yummy poops behind. If Miu Miu sees a rabbit she goes crazy and chases them all around the yard till they jump through the 2 inch spaced fence. So I thought why not try to find a running animal toy for her to chase. Are there such a toy out there?

·
Premium Member
15,807 Posts
I know there is a battery operated ball that rolls all by itself......Molly had one when she was a pup. Only problem is it got stuck under furniture and Molly would bark at me to rescue it all the time, so I gave to my son for his cats!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know there is a battery operated ball that rolls all by itself......Molly had one when she was a pup. Only problem is it got stuck under furniture and Molly would bark at me to rescue it all the time, so I gave to my son for his cats!
Do you remember what the brand was? Thanks

·
Premium Member
15,807 Posts
Sorry! No but it was a ball that had a weight in it to make it roll erratically and had a battery in it....... I did find one similiar on Ebay it's called a 'Weasel Ball' same ball but has a tail attached to it!!! I might even get this one for Molly!!!

·
Premium Member
15,807 Posts
Hahaha! I did too.....Looks pretty funny and not at all expensive!!!!

·
Registered
3,583 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Thirding the flirt pole! We just made Ember a flirt pole, don't seem to be able to get them easily in UK, you can make it really cheap, PVC pipe, rope, tie toy on end, done! also all the parts are easy to replace rather than one bit breaking on a shop bought one and it going in the bin. I've never seen her so tired from just 5 minutes of chasing this thing. No fetch, chasing daddy, running free in the fields comes close to getting her tired as quick as chasing this around the garden. Even made a mini one for in the house :)

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I've been wondering if there was such a thing for dogs! I was tempted to get a cat toy for Luce but it seemed to delicate. I think I will try to make one myself!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lure course sounds like so much fun. She would enjoy it so much. She really is very fast. If those bunnies weren't able to run and squeeze through those fences I have no doubt that she would catch them. But I was thinking what would she do when she does catch one? Will she eat them or torture them. She tortures stinks bugs like she's a cat. She'll smack them and smack them then hold them underneath her paw, then slowly lift her paw to see if its still moving, if it is she continues smacking them until they die. Wonder if she'll do that to the bunnies?

My Gucci boy sees a stink bug and he runs for his life. Lol

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
We don't have bunnies here anymore (not live ones, at least *sigh*) but Bug kills field rats every chance he gets. Little monster. So proud of him. :)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry! No but it was a ball that had a weight in it to make it roll erratically and had a battery in it....... I did find one similiar on Ebay it's called a 'Weasel Ball' same ball but has a tail attached to it!!! I might even get this one for Molly!!!
The ball arrived! I was so excited about it. But Miu Miu was too smart. She knew the rat on the ball was not a real animal and ignored it. She didnt even once tried chasing after it. I looked like a dummy chasing after it for her to see and trying to get her excited about it. She seriously looked at me like I was crazy. Lol

·
Premium Member
15,807 Posts
Hahaha!!!! Yeah, mine came too and Molly just watches it then backs away.....highly suspicious of it!!!! I turned it off and just put it on the floor and she makes a very wide berth around it when she has to walk by it!!!! She doesn't like it!!! LOL! ( but I do hahaha)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Omg that's funny. Gucci is scared of it too. he runs away from it when it gets near him and hides behind my back. Then he sticks his head over to the side peeking out from behind my legs to see where that thing is at. Lol. Good thing that ball was cheap. None of my babies seems to like it. Lol

·
Registered
920 Posts
Cat toys can work well for little dogs! I called this playing "chase" and it was Lumi's favorite game as a pup! Although, seeing that flirt pole in the video does make me want something bigger so she can really stretch out and play outside!

Also, I had one of those weasel balls as a kid and I loved it! My mom wouldn't let me get a ferret and that's the closest I ever got! Hahaha

Here's Lumi playing "chase"!

http://www.poodleforum.com/3-poodle-pictures/16744-lumi-doesnt-stop-til-she-gets-enough.html

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
PammiPoodle that is so cute. Looks like fun. Did you make that flirt pole? The ones I saw at the pet shops were a lot shorter with only a little rat on them. Nothing like he one you have

·
Registered
920 Posts
Nope, I bought it at a pet store! It was so long ago I don't remember which one, though. I guess just keep an eye out at different stores, you might find another like it! : ) There's also something called a "Cat Dancer" that's a long piece of fleece on a wand. I used to have one, but I guess it wasn't as durable as the furry rope one! Haha Still, it's the right type of toy and if you just tie new pieces of fleece or rope toys to it, I guess it could last forever!

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
I got a little tiny mouse that runs around from Petsmart in the cat section. It was like $5. If you have ever seen those nano bug toys for kids it was like that but mouse shaped. My Tpoos liked it as long as it didn't touch them. Also I saw a big mouse/rat on wheels that runs away at petco in the cat section. I didn't get it because it was $20 but it looked like a better one than the mouse thing I got.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 20 Posts