Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
Do you know what should my toy poodle girl weigh at 15 weeks old in kilograms? Is there such thing as ideal weight for a toy poodle? And can you adjust their food for less or more when they are still puppies? Thank you

·
Super Moderator
5,172 Posts
How tall is your poodle? Measure from the top of the shoulders (withers).

Your vet is the best person to assess whether or not your puppy is at a healthy weight. The only reason you would adjust the size of meals is if he or she is not in a healthy range.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Hi,

Good advice from PTP.

This is a link to a growth chart for toys, minis, and standards. This is not hard and fast, more of a guideline.

Height is the determiner for growth but it's reasonable to make sure they're at a good weight for their size. We all understand how hard it can be to get a height on a wiggly puppy tho :).

·
Super Moderator
5,172 Posts
I use a cardboard pattern board to measure the height of wiggly puppies. Bonus: It can double as a gate for blocking off rooms!

Something like this:

Lure them in front of it with a toy or treat and you can easily eyeball their height.

How much does your puppy weigh, Lovemytoypoodle? Sounds like she's right on track, according to that link provided by Rose n Poos.

When we were trying to put a little extra weight on Peggy, I used this as a guide:

And this weight calculator:

When she was underweight, she was on track to weigh 15 lbs less than her parents. As soon as we had her up to a healthier weight, the calculator estimated her finishing at her parents' weight.

But again - your vet is the best resource here. There's so much variety among puppies, even of the same breed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awww, thank you so much. She is about 1.8kg, I need a new scale. It could be less or more. She will be at the vet next week so I will get an accurate reading on her weight. I used the chart, I will now have look at the other one.

·
Super Moderator
5,172 Posts
^^^^^^ That's a bot, copying and pasting from Reddit. Ugh. I've reported it.

Not surprised at this point that traffic seems to have dropped off dramatically here. You shouldn't have to second guess every post from an unfamiliar name.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts