Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,473 Posts
Mine are in a brightly painted wooden box I got from a local shop that used to import directly from India - not much use to you, I am afraid! It is too heavy for Sophy to tip over, which means some of the tpys stay in it - when I put them in a basket she just tips the whole lot out to make them easier to sort through!

Have you thought of getting a plain wooden box and painting it yourself? There must be stencils of poodles out there!

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
I don't have a toy box. I'm in charge of the good toys, they don't have free reign to play with anything whenever they want. They have some boring toys around the place (chewies mainly) but they're scattered around various beds/crates and rooms, not in any toy boxes. I have a shelf with bits and bobs, and the GOOD toys live there, where I bring them out to play with, not them.....

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Yeah I do what FD does. If all the toys are around the place then they get bored of those toys and find other things to play with, things they SHOULDN'T play with, so fun toys are brought out on my own time when I want them to be entertained by themselves.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
In answer to the first question, I have a grotty old basket that holds the toys.

I'm interested in the people that responded saying they don't give the dog free access to the toys.

In my dog's head, *I* am the greatest toy around. :)

When he wants to play and I'm doing something else, he'll bring me, one by one, all the toys from the basket. "Maybe this one ... no? Okay, what about this one?"

Sometimes I acquiesce, sometimes not. Sometimes, we'll just have a quick training session instead, since it's usually attention he wants, not necessarily a game.

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In answer to the first question, I have a grotty old basket that holds the toys.

I'm interested in the people that responded saying they don't give the dog free access to the toys.

When he wants to play and I'm doing something else, he'll bring me, one by one, all the toys from the basket. "Maybe this one ... no? Okay, what about this one?"

Sometimes I acquiesce, sometimes not. Sometimes, we'll just have a quick training session instead, since it's usually attention he wants, not necessarily a game.
That's exactly what goes on at my house! If the dogs want to play, they get a toy and bring it to me. It is almost always when I am watching tv. Sometimes I join in, sometimes I don't :)

·
Registered
644 Posts
I keep the toys in a small plastic basket (found in some closet) on top of the TV, like most here I leave a bully stick and one toy down for chewing and self entertainment, but only take out the toys when I want to play (and put them away afterwards). I have frozen raw bones from primal I keep in the freezer for special occasions.

By the way I found a GREAT toy this morning that has Fozzie just wildly excited. I bought it at our local pet store, but here's a picture of it I found on line: Dog Toys - Squeaky Play Latex Face Balls

It's the orangy Y-one with the little tuft on top, the top row, second from left.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts

That's what goes on here as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts