Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 7 month old girl is in her first Miami clip,which we love for the ease here in the NC summer. I had them leave her topknot long, and I am trying to band it up. The problem is after no more than 5 minutes, the shorter hairs in front come loose. She can't see, which is sort of defeating the purpose of banding it up in the first place.

Should I just cut the hair back, or just keep re-banding it 20 times a day? The top knot is still fluffy puppy hair, so it has no curl.

Thanks in advance,

Cindy

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
2 Horns yes, and if her hair is long enough for added "security" you can band the 2 together in the center that is what my handler did with mine and it worked great!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm trying the two horn look, and it's a little better. She's just so wiggly, and hates to have them put in. Maybe if I had little girls I would have more practice making pigtails, but I have three boys :).

Still getting those annoying pop out hairs in front, but it's just going to have to grow. Or I'm going to put some product on them and slick them back. I'm sure she will LOVE that.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Why not just cut the topknot into a scissored cap? That gets rid of the banding problem and frankly the trim will look more balanced.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Product is what is used in the show ring, just if you decide to do it that way make sure you put it on your finger and then apply. You can use styling mousse or hairspray but there is still no way to tell if you will have any success with it staying lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts