Poodle Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Angus asked a question about the rock star top knot. I didn't want to side track his thread so I started this one.

I have a question about the top of Standard Poodles' heads. Mr. Layne is 7 months old. I don't find a change in his coat yet but what I'm puzzled about is the top of his head. That dog has the tightest curls I've ever seen on the top of his head. I spritz with show sheen or finishing spray & brush. It's kinks right back up. I've tried blowing it out after a bath so it's straighter but no dice. I have the top of his head cut at about 1" to 1 1/2". I'm concerned if I let it get much longer that I'll have a knotted mess.

Is it so kinky curly because I've got it too short? Or is this just his coat type? His sire had a super thick, super duper curly top knot. I like him having a little longer on the top of the head but need some advice. I love the Rockstar look too. Haven't gotten brave enough to go there yet. I keep hearing about the nightmare of coat change & this boy loves to roll in the grass.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts