Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I was just on the computer near the window and my grandson arrived and the dogs, as usual got excited and barked etc. but Teddy - he knocked over furniture and it landed on me before I had a chance to even correct him. He is just too much! I make him wait for the others to go out first but then when I let him go he barrels so fast that the little ones get knocked over. Just venting.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I dont have any really great suggestion. I was wondering... does he know stay? When our puppy gets to excited... we tell him to stay and reward him with a treat. Getting this focus during a high stress/excitement situation is EXCELLENT. Maybe try getting him to stay and rewarding him and well after the others are out.. let him out?? It might help.

·
Registered
216 Posts
When I know we are going to have visitors, I put Inca on a training lead and don't let her off until everything has calmed down. Also we greet in the kitchen as she is inclined to piddle with excitement.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've tried everything with him - its not that he doesn't learn - he forgets! ha ha - he is like a unruly puppy - he tries so hard - poor boy - but can't contain himself. Those windows of mine are the bane of my existance where the dogs are concerned - they have such a view of the road - don't miss anything!

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh the pet food store gave me some doggie stuff with valerian root to try and calm him down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts