Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He's been chewing at his hindquarters for a couple of weeks now. Raw skin... I've been treating it with a peroxide spray. Also a daily dose of Metacam.
Things were going well 'til yesterday morning... when he couldn't walk or even stand up.
I got a T-shirt onto him... for carrying purposes, and a date with the vet for 2:20 this afternoon. Hoping for a miracle cure but I'm concerned that he may not make it out alive.
Three weeks shy of his 16th birthday... :(

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
He's been chewing at his hindquarters for a couple of weeks now. Raw skin... I've been treating it with a peroxide spray. Also a daily dose of Metacam.
Things were going well 'til yesterday morning... when he couldn't walk or even stand up.
I got a T-shirt onto him... for carrying purposes, and a date with the vet for 2:20 this afternoon. Hoping for a miracle cure but I'm concerned that he may not make it out alive.
Oh I'm so so sorry. Our family dog lost the ability to stand when she aged but then regained it slowly after a couple days. It is possible. But I'm not sure how likely. I'm sure you will make the best choice given his comfort. He has lived a good long life.

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
(((Gentle Hugs))))

·
Premium Member
23,790 Posts
Frank I am sorry to see your concerning news. No matter what gets decided I wish you both peace.

·
Premium Member
12,860 Posts
My thoughts are with Tonka and with you - hoping for better news, but I know you will do whatever is best for Tonka.

·
Premium Member
6,774 Posts
My thoughts are with you and your boy.

Have you tired Gabapetin? it worked wonder for my cancer girl who was having difficultly walking

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm so sorry. Just want to respond with support. My elderly poodle could no longer get up and we put a harness with handles on her to be able to lift her up. Sending lots of hope to you.

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
Oh Cb, this hurts to hear.I can only imagine for you and Tonka. You're both in my thoughts.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts