Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Betty Jo and Jenny do love to do things together. In the first 2 pics they were playing with the same toy. The next few they are working on their down/sit stays. The last 2 my husband was petting Betty Jo and Jenny just slid under her sister so she could join in the rubs. Its amazing how often they are tangled up together.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Love the first picture, two bodies one head. I love seeing them so bonded to each other. Are they ok to be separated or does it make them sad? Either way, they are beautiful sisters and so lucky to have someone that loves them so much!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We make sure to take them out on their own part of the time to that they don't get upset when they aren't together. In fact we had Betty Jo out with us on Sunday. When we were out two of the people that came up to up to say hi to Betty Jo got after me for not bringing both dogs when I mentioned her sister was at home even though I explained that I do take them out on their own part of the time so they get used to not always being together.

The only time they do get upset about being left is when the kids take one dog out for a walk and they are all still in sight. Then the one that is at home is at the window looking out and acting abused. After they are out of sight the one left at home is just fine again.

They also usually sleep with different people in different rooms at night too. So they do get time apart.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks I'm a little frusterated at their curly coats my dryer (shop vac)died half way through drying them the last time so now they are very curly.

I'll have to get some more pics the next time my daughter decides they need to be beautiful lol.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
They are so darned cute together. It is hard to tell where one ends and the other begins. They just love each other, it is so easy to tell!!! Even when Lucy and Quincy were there it was still all about each other. Thank for sharing!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes they sure are each other's favorite playmate. They do like to play with other dogs but really do love each other best. It was a lot of fun seeing them get the chance to meet another sister (Lucy) and Quincy too. They sure were tired when you all left that night. So much fun is so tiring lol.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
It is so hard to describe exactly how heartwarming this is... I love seeing dogs who love each other like that. It's so unbelievably sweet. :)

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes they are really sweet together most of the time. Then of course there are the days when Betty Jo really feels the need to groom Jenny (she soaks her whole side) and Jenny is not always appreciative of this. (I can't say that I blame her) But they play together and snuggle together all the time. Its funny I've heard all the problems you can have with 2 females in the same house but these two really are just happy to be together.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They are gorgeous! So sweet! How do you tell them apart? I guess like I do with my 2 legged twins lol
Thanks, I'm sure that telling them apart is much the same. I think they look quite different. Jenny is taller and a bit lighter then Betty Jo. She also has a sweeter expression. Betty Jo's eyes are full of mischief and she is a bit of a prima dona. If you get near them Betty Jo will lick you and Jenny will sniff. As well Jenny's tail is cut in a bull rush right now though it is growing out.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
They look like one big red poodle blanket :p

I was going to ask if you separate them but you had already answered that :)
Its so good to do that when you have so many dogs, they become so dependent on each other.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
They look like one big red poodle blanket :p

I was going to ask if you separate them but you had already answered that :)
Its so good to do that when you have so many dogs, they become so dependent on each other.
Trillium only has the two, but they are bonded together like siamese twins. They are sooooo cute together. Trillium have they gotten more like this since Sport died?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Trillium only has the two, but they are bonded together like siamese twins. They are sooooo cute together. Trillium have they gotten more like this since Sport died?
Yes they have gotten closer since Sport passed away. I guess its because their pack has gotten smaller. They now just have each other and their humans to play with.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
They are so lovely together. I agree that they look like one big poodle carpet! LOL It is nice to see two spoos so close together but that they get their alone time too. Everyone looks so content.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They really are great together. I can't imagine how they would act if something ever happened to the other. I do think its a lot of fun to have the two of them together. Its so interesting and fun to see all their similarities and yet how different they are. Not to mention a laugh to see them playing together or sweet to see them cuddling.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts