Poodle Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Do some reading, too. Even good videos like Zak's don't necessarily break down the steps, which can be confusing. You want to understand exactly when and why you click, not just try to figure it out by watching.

Whole Dog Journal is a good online resource:

And yep - my husband and I each have a treat pouch. Very useful for training. If I don't have a pouch on me, I try to make sure I've got treats in my pockets. Every moment is teachable! And I especially want to make sure I've got treats in case something scary happens....like a big growly truck going by!
yes ! I will do lots of research tonight. my concentration only peaks up at night time lol
Okay! I’ll order a treat pouch online.
what do you usually use for your poodle’s training treats?

·
Super Moderator
3,694 Posts
yes ! I will do lots of research tonight. my concentration only peaks up at night time lol
Okay! I’ll order a treat pouch online.
what do you usually use for your poodle’s training treats?
Her favourite is mozzarella cheese. Just very tiny pieces. We also use turkey dogs, chicken breast, and some treats called True Chews. If we're just practising indoors with minimal distractions, I'll use Honest Kitchen kibble.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Her favourite is mozzarella cheese. Just very tiny pieces. We also use turkey dogs, chicken breast, and some treats called True Chews. If we're just practising indoors with minimal distractions, I'll use Honest Kitchen kibble.
He too really like his cheese ! Although it’s difficult to give since it melts quickly lol
Thank you. I’ll look up online if i can get true chews here.

·
Super Moderator
3,694 Posts
Not yet. Maybe I’ll get the same type as the one he is wearing usually. The vest type. It’s getting smaller ! Hahaha he can barely fit in it. View attachment 467070
Looks like this kind would still press on the trachea. Since he's outgrowing it anyway, try to find one that's specifically designed to avoid pressure on that delicate area.

Such a cute puppy!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Looks like this kind would still press on the trachea. Since he's outgrowing it anyway, try to find one that's specifically designed to avoid pressure on that delicate area.

Such a cute puppy!!
Mmm it’s confusing to find harness for his breed.. there are a lot of harness here. But most of them seems to be not safe for him.
i found this account that give guide of good harness.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts