Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my 1st tiny tiny poodle. She is 5 months old and weights 2.7lbs. She likes to play a little and chew toys but she is most content sitting on my lap or just sitting and looking around. She loves to lick a lot, gets scared very easily and shakes when she is afraid especially in a car. Very loving, sweet, great listener and smart. What is your tiny poodle personality.

·
Registered
54 Posts
This is my 1st tiny tiny poodle. She is 5 months old and weights 2.7lbs. She likes to play a little and chew toys but she is most content sitting on my lap or just sitting and looking around. She loves to lick a lot, gets scared very easily and shakes when she is afraid especially in a car. Very loving, sweet, great listener and smart. What is your tiny poodle personality.
I don't have a toy poodle of my own but I noticed similarities. The poodle I used to know loved to chew toys but was most content sitting on my lap. Also did love to lick a lot. Also got scared very easily and also shakes when afraid. Also very uncomfortable in the car. Very insecure personality. Also very uncomfortable when going outside. Would never eat or drink when taken outside for walks. Is your poodle a female? I'm wondering if these similar traits are more prevalent in females.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes she is a female. Was she a healthy poodle
As I remember, yes she is a healthy poodle. What I also noticed about the toy poodle I used to know was that she really liked to bite my hands as a form of play. She would never bite down really hard or anything like that but would always want to bite my hands and I'm not sure what that meant for the dog.

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
Very small dogs are conscious of their size and often afraid of « the big world ». It is your responsibility to expose your dog to as many different situations, smells, surroundings etc. as possible while she is still young. And don’t baby her, she needs to be treated like a « real » dog.

I encourage you to avoid using the terms « tiny poodle », « teacup poodle » or other marketing terms invented and used by unscrupulous breeders (greeders) to create demand and make more money. Poodle sizes are toy, miniature and standard poodles in North America. Within those sizes, dogs will have different weights but they are one, single breed, the poodle.

Ethical breeders do not breed for very small dogs, are there are many health problems associated with being so small. They will sometimes (thankfully rarely) have one come up in a litter and they will sell them for the same price as their sibling, and under the same size « toy poodle ».

Enjoy your baby !

·
Premium Member
Killa and Tekno
249 Posts
My toy is endlessly curious, rambunctious, brave, high prey and toy drive, loves to play, a clown with a good sense of humor, on 10 until he falls out asleep, and a velcro dog, doesnt want me out of sight. Ive only seen him shake at the vet because they put us in a cat exam room 🙄

1 - 6 of 6 Posts