Poodle Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
I think 8 months is a bit young and would be afraid of her getting into something but if she is good as you say, what do you have to lose. My guy slept in his crate until almost 2, yes he is a bit of a wild playful guy. But as he approached 2 he really began to fight the crate. Once in he was fine but he really didn't want in anymore. Now I'm one who normally says you do as I say, end of discussion, lol. But since day 1 he likes to stretch out when he sleeps, and even his big crate couldn't allow him to do this anymore. I remembered how I had to keep moving the divider back until we finally got rid of it. Now at night he sleep in my dining /foyer area. All his toys and bed are int here, its pretty much his room now. So that is where he sleeps at night. I'd like to bring him in my room to sleep but frankly I've been a bit lazy. I am sleeping on the 2nd floor as my husband has medical issues and I can't sleep well there. I also get up at like 5 am and start preparing for my day and get the other two dogs out and fed, then its Renns turn. If I had him up with me it would turn my morning schedule upside down. LOL I think you just have to try and do what works for your household.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.