Poodle Forum banner

Tikki made a friend!

716 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Porkchop 
#1 ·
So today when I took Tikki out she found a new buddy! We have clovers right now so we tend to get bumblebees. At first I flipped a little, but then she went potty, walked up to the bumble on the flower and sniffed then started bumping it with her nose! I’m slowly losing it thinking it’s going to sting her as I’m trying to keep my 4yr old back. Then it was so amazing, he just would fly up then down then all around. They literally played for almost an hour. It landed on me, it landed on my child, it even landed on Tikki’s head. I have never ever seen anything like it! I really wish I had my phone so I could’ve caught it!
Before anyone flips, I normally try to keep her away from bees but this was a male and I know males don’t have the stingers so I wasn’t overly concerned and wanted to see how she reacted.I figured she’d leave it but she was so happy having a new friend.It’d fly about a foot or two and fly back and land her nose if she didn’t chase him. It’s definitely not something we’re going to let happen but omg did she have the time of her life today.

#5 ·
How sweet. It’s wonderful to watch puppies exploring their new world.

I wouldn’t encourage Tikki‘s interest in touching bees, my minipoo was stung by a bee and it clearly hurt - she helped. The area swelled up and she had a temporary spot of alopecia which took a a week or two before the hair started to grow back. Plus I had to keep socks on her paw for a day to discourage licking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.