Poodle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
this is the second time i found ticks on my cookie.
First was only one and it hasn’t fed on any blood.
but today i found 2 ticks both seems to have been feeding for 2 days or so. I Brush his hair daily, everyday before going on walk. And after walk I always check him for any weird objects stuck on his fur and skin.
And yet, i still missed these 2 ticks that attached on his head (ugh).
i think tick season is starting here. And I can’t stop cookie from going to grasses. Because he loves marking on trees. Which i limit now ever since i found his first tick.
Any tips on how to prevent tick & fleas ?
product or recipe ?
And what to do if found any on dog ?
thank you so much! This is going to be very helpful.

(I removed those ticks on cookie using tweezer. And yes, as close as possible to its mouth and after i pulled i check if the mouth is still attached. And they

·
Premium Member
4,272 Posts
Recommend Bravecto - a chew that you give every three months. We have more than our share of fleas and ticks so it was great to find a product like Bravecto. The price may be high you think but if you spread it across the 3 months it seems reasonable. Never had a problem with Bravecto.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Recommend Bravecto - a chew that you give every three months. We have more than our share of fleas and ticks so it was great to find a product like Bravecto. The price may be high you think but if you spread it across the 3 months it seems reasonable. Never had a problem with Bravecto.
hi
I have to give him worm med every 3 months too. Will this be alright giving 2 of them to him at the same time?

·
Registered
731 Posts
What brand/type is it? I think it should be fine.

We use Seresto collars. They work really well, although you might find a few on the rear. Also, I’ve found by accident that using medical alcohol pads to grab onto the ticks make them let go almost instantly.

·
Super Moderator
1,811 Posts
Hard to say what the interactions might be without knowing the active ingredients in the dewormer. It's probably a good idea to ask a veterinarian or a pharmacist.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts