Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We took Ivy and Chantel to a parking lot to practice a bit for their up coming show. We did some video and some still shots. Below are the still shots of the stacks. The wind was blowing and it was COLD!

Ivy Stack:

Chantel Stack (Yeah, the wind was blowing pretty hard!):

Stack:

LOL!!! Got'cha.....This is a stack seen from the parking lot. That is not polluting smoke coming out of it. It is steam.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Lol

Such beautiful girls!! I can't wait to hear everything about their upcoming show!!

Sending lots of good luck wishes

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you. We are very excited! However, there are 30 dogs entered!! :scared: We are going with the mindset of just having a great day, introducing them to the ring experience, and taking lots of pics and videos. We really don't expect to win anything. We had thought this was going to be a smaller show and also that it would be split into 6-9 and 9-12 months but it is a large show and the classes were combined to 6-12 months. Instead of Dianne and I being in separate classes we are now going to compete against each other....sigh..: (

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
:)Good luck with them both I hope we can get some pictures at the show ;)

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
gorgeous!!!
It might just be the wind skewing it, but I suggest bringing Ivys front feet forward just a *smidge* for a better stack, or it looks like she's poking forwards a bit! Not too much though or it'll make her stretched too... lol! She still looks very long, but I think bringing her front feet up a touch would help prevent her chest and neck poking and looking longer... hmm. They both look great though!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
gorgeous!!!
It might just be the wind skewing it, but I suggest bringing Ivys front feet forward just a *smidge* for a better stack, or it looks like she's poking forwards a bit! Not too much though or it'll make her stretched too... lol! She still looks very long, but I think bringing her front feet up a touch would help prevent her chest and neck poking and looking longer... hmm. They both look great though!
Thanks FD for the suggestions. Ivy and Chantel were both fluffed up but the wind was fierce and blowing their hair flat against them. You can see it better in Chantel's photo where her top knot is blowing straight back. Same weather again today so no new pictures. I will try to stack Ivy straighter in the front. I still have a lot of practice of my own to do..LOL

Man is it cold outside!! I wish we had an indoor place to go to work them in.

We know Ivy 'looks' long but it is an illusion. We have measured her and she is square.
I guess I need to find the best position to get her in to minimize that look.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:)Good luck with them both I hope we can get some pictures at the show ;)

Oh, yeah!! Dianne has a new video camera and her grandson is coming along to tape. We will get still shots after our class since we got put into the same class.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
They look absolutely stunning. Rather than a test of the dogs, this show will be a competition of handlers! :boxing: Hahaha....

I know you will all do great. Hopefully, it will warm up a bit.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They look absolutely stunning. Rather than a test of the dogs, this show will be a competition of handlers! :boxing: Hahaha....

I know you will all do great. Hopefully, it will warm up a bit.
That is too funny BFF!! LOL But, it really will be for me. Dianne has had years of handling and finished her own bred by. She is training me. She said I performed like a pro when I showed Billy at 9-10 months. The judge and a veteran handler told me the same thing. But it has been many months since I did that so I'm a bit nervous now and need to get past that before stepping into the ring. BTW, she's tuff!! LOL

Holly cow! I sure do hope it starts warming a bit again. I like not having snow every other day but this cold really makes me hurt. I saw that we should make it into the 30's next week. Woohoo!!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
That is too funny BFF!! LOL But, it really will be for me. Dianne has had years of handling and finished her own bred by. She is training me. She said I performed like a pro when I showed Billy at 9-10 months. The judge and a veteran handler told me the same thing. But it has been many months since I did that so I'm a bit nervous now and need to get past that before stepping into the ring. BTW, she's tuff!! LOL

Holly cow! I sure do hope it starts warming a bit again. I like not having snow every other day but this cold really makes me hurt. I saw that we should make it into the 30's next week. Woohoo!!
WHO'S TUFF????!! :fish:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Great looking Ivy and Chantal. Good luck today--have fun and tell us all about it.

By the way, three "stacks" and you're out!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts