Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So with the past few days with puppies and kittens being left behind in the salon and at the store it's really made me dislike people more and more but today I have had it... I saw first hand how cruel and mean a person can be!

This morning a poodle mix was dropped off for grooming..seemed to be a shih'tzu/poodle, small little dog and VERY matted. I checked the dog in, explained to the gentleman that the dog had to be shaved, I even made him sign a waiver allowing me to do whatever is necessary to dematt the dog and I told him probably half a dozen times that the dog would be VERY SHORT and almost SKIN. He was korean and didn't speak very good english so I was doing my best to be clear with him. He kept saying "Are we done? Can I go? Is this all you need?" over and over again so before he left I said "and you understand he will be shaved" and he said "yes, yes I understand" and he left!

Well fast forward about 3 hours..I call his wife and let her know that her dog is ready. She comes in to pick him up and starts SCREAMING at me at the top of her lungs saying that he's ugly and not pretty at all and that she wanted him fluffy and she kept pointing to other dogs the other groomers were doing saying that's what she wanted. I saved the matted hair that came off in one whole piece and told her that if it had even been possible to brush it out it would have severely HURT her dog and she DID NOT CARE.

That's not even the worst of it....

She told me to "Throw the dog away, he's not pretty" after having her speak with my manager she refused to TAKE HER OWN DOG!!!

The dog is currently still at the store and will be picked up by the humane society tomorrow. We also plan on turning the owners information over as well and they might be looking at abandonment charges, who knows!

I wish I had my camera with me today because the dog didn't look ugly..I think he was still very cute and probably much happier without all the matting. I almost cried while talking to that woman..how someone can just throw their dog away...over a bad haircut...a haircut that had to be done because SHE didn't take care of her dog properly!

Ugh..some people

·
Registered
478 Posts
As sad as it is, I think in a way it is a happy ending for the dog. I mean, if they didn't take care of it and let it get that way and then she was so happy to just dump it when it didn't look "good", who knows what kind of life that poor dog was living with these people. Hopefully being a small dog, it wouldn't take long to find a good home with a shelter. Small dogs seem to go first around here.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Aiden,

I can't imagine how someone could have no compassion or understanding for the care of their pet. Worse, she put the blame on you for her behavior. You are the one who knows the joy and responsibility, so you know the full measure of her loss.

It's heartbreaking. I can only think that the dog will be much better off without them. I"m glad your shop is pursuing charges. :at-wits-end:

May that little doggy find a good home.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Oh my god! How could they allow the poor little love to get like that! If they had brushed the poor little soul then he would not of been in that state in the first place!
Makes me sad and angry when dogs get like that! There is no need for it! Poor little soul!
May he find a happy and loving home! Where he will be offered alot of love and attention the way that he deserves!
This sort of behaviour makes me sick and makes me want to cry!
Sandy

·
Registered
157 Posts
That is completely DISGUSTING behavior. I swear each day I lose a little more faith in the human race. If she had taken a few minutes out of her week to brushed him it would not have matted in the first place. Then to blame it on you as if it was your fault the dog was matted...how delusional can someone be? I hope they get punished to the full extent of the law. People like them should be banned from ever owning animals again!

I hope he finds a good and loving home, and a family who will love and take care of him for the rest of his life.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
What horrible, horrible people! Learn to speak some english
and understand damnit! I'm so sorry Aidan, PLEASE turn
them over to the humane society for abandonment, please!!

People make me sick. Apparently the dog was nothing more
than an accessory to this woman. I'm just fuming right now!

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Grr, that makes me so mad! Dogs are not disposable, how can people not understand that. The worst part is that they will probably just get another "pretty" small pup from the pet store then dispose of that when it no longer suits them.:hmmmm:

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
What a sad story!! But I agree that this is a better ending or the dog.

I'm so sorry you had such a terrible experience with this woman. There are certainly some very mean people in the world but I hope you don't let this jade your opinion of all people. There are plenty of good ones too.

I've learned from experience in town government that whenever you have a job dealing with the public, you are going to see your share of some real winners. Don't let them get inside you...you aren't going to change these people so just do the best you can for the interest of your real client...your dogs; which you have.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I agree, the dog is better off that she refused to take it home. Actually, that is probably the best thing she has ever done for the dog. I wish the sweet thing a new loving home where it will have a full, happy future life. Hopefully that "lady" will never, ever get another dog, but I imagine that is a lost hope. So sad!! :(

·
Registered
362 Posts
I can't believe she would just throw him away over a haircut. She does not desere that poor dog and the dog is better without her. You must have had such an awful day. I hope the dog gets a loving home.

·
Registered
861 Posts
How awful. I agree the dog is better off. Can you report them to the police? I would...and then I'd be mean and plaster their neighborhood with flyers, which is so very immature, I know. They're just going to go get another "pretty" dog, too bad there's no network for black-balling dog owners.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
You know the scary thought that comes to mind after having dealt with similar situations is that after they "threw away" this poor baby there was nothing stopping them from going and getting another which they will likely do. I hope that they are charged, thats awful.

I had a dog in reccently that I saw posted on one of the local rescue's websites about a week after I groomed it. Also matted, Also had to be shaved as best I could. He was refered to a vet for sedation for future grooming. Guess they didn't want to bother with him and took him down the street to underdogs :( Sad, b/c I really don't see how he is adoptable at this point. Maybe after some serious rehab but who knows if he'll get it? A shame :(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts