Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

She will walk by the dog bowl, reach down and grab a piece of kibble like it is sitting there for her.

Tonight when we got home from a walk I was getting us a glass of water from the faucet when I look down and there Sloane was getting her drink as well like it is the most normal thing to do!!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Such a cutie! I had a child do this with the TOILET!!!! The first time I caught him with the water dripping down his face I freaked - then always had bleach in the bowl as a just in case... :)

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Adorable, she is very cute! This does make me glad however that my dog dishes are in the kitchen and there is a gate up where the twins can not get to them LOL!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Dear HEAVENS!!!!! What a cute baby!!!! (My "baby" is twenty!). Man, hold on to those pictures......they will make an excellent blackmail tool in a few years!

It seems like so many people are germophobes....but golly I remember drinking from the garden hose, picking flower buds from the yard and eating them, tasting a bug or two (on purpose), sharing food with the dog (you take a bite then I take a bite).

Makes ya strong!!!!!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dear HEAVENS!!!!! What a cute baby!!!! (My "baby" is twenty!). Man, hold on to those pictures......they will make an excellent blackmail tool in a few years!

It seems like so many people are germophobes....but golly I remember drinking from the garden hose, picking flower buds from the yard and eating them, tasting a bug or two (on purpose), sharing food with the dog (you take a bite then I take a bite).

Makes ya strong!!!!!
people dont still drink from the garden hose??????

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I still drink from the garden hose if im outside in the yard.

My mom also told me when I was really little I used to eat rolly polys so drinking from the dogs water can't be too bad! Or at least it could be worse, lol.

Hang on to those pictures forever!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Awwww, your little girl is absolutely precious and those gorgeous green eyes!!! Yep, those are going to be great for her sweet 16. lol

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Well.....of course!!! LOL My gardens are spread out over two acres of land. I do not go back into the house to get my water when it is right there for me. I take the spray end off, let the warmed water from the sun run out and then get all the drink I need. :rofl: Common practice around here.

And, since I was a kid, when I am hiking, fishing, or whatever, and need a drink, I go to the brook or stream to get water. I have never gotten sick from it. The one thing I have to be very careful about is that the stream is not bellow a beaver dam. So, know your water sources! Beaver leaver is very serious.

What can I say? I'm a country girl...:marchmellow:

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
No,
its not CLEAN!! Bottled water is clean.......:doh:
True! Butttttt, my water is from a 500+ foot deep artesian well with crystal clear water that couldn't be any cleaner. My hoses are always connected so that nothing foreign can get in them. So I don't worry.

Of course, the dogs drink from it when I do too.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Just look at those beautiful eyes!!! I love this story.

My children did things like this too. I remember one who was caught more than once in the kitty litter box!! :rant:YUCK! And it can be dangerous as well. Finally had to cordone that off before one of them became ill.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Those pics are precious! And she is adorable. I love that next to last shot, what a great one that is. Hmmm, wonder what she will think when you "pull" these out when she is 18 and has a boyfriend...LOL.

When my children were young, they used to sneak the cat/dog food and eat it. I told them that it was not good for them and not to eat it, but they would take a baggie, fill it up and bring it to their rooms...LOL..... I wouldn't put one of those things in my mouth unless I was starving. :mmph: Never had them drink from the dogs water bowl though... and DEFINITELY not from the toilet. I can well image, GW, that you freak out. YUCKY!

Huhhh? I thought that WAS were you were supposed to get your drinks of water in the summer??? LOL. Yep, if I'm outside working, the garden hose works just fine, thank you! And, yes, my water is spring fed water so not city water. :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts