Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Standard just doesn't look right, i don't know if it's just a bad stack or if the dog is really angled that much.

I'm sure the groom it's in doesnt help either, also has a natural tail makes me think probably a euro, meh who knows.

I just thought it was odd looking.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Does that mean that he's got legs too long for his body? I'm thinking if he was standing up without stretching his back legs out he'd be facing forward some.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
The dog is square from withers to ground to chest to point of rump. Per standard the hind toe should be placed at the point of rump if this dog was it would be high in rear and I am sure looks odd when on the move.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
He looks square, just that his legs are stretched way to far back. If they were brought in, it would make him look more normal

·
Registered
36 Posts
ummmm, i'm not aware of all the specs of standards poodles or show poodles... ( i jsut know that i have toys and i love them and spoil them like crazy).... but is this angulation healthy? or ok?

Sorry for sounding stupid...

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Over angulation is not good, it makes the dog have a weak rear. It think lol
But I don't think this particular dog is over angulated, just bad stacking

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
The positioning of that poodle is really funny LMAO !!!! I never saw poodle in that over-extended pose pictured O-O !!!! Silly , really !

Boxer photo is also strange :wacko: !!! I am coming from Europe LOL and never saw either a poodle OR a boxer stacked like that to that extreme :wacko: I am sure that they are "extending" their legs just for the "photo-shoot" but it really looks funny and silly and is NOT attractive !!!!

I like the spoo hairdo though : )))

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Overdone in the rear. It would be interesting to watch this dog move since his front angles don't match the back ones.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Okay I think I've got this movement thing down from following some of the things you've said cbrand. You want the front to match the back so that when the dog's front paw is off the ground, the rear paw needs to match the distance from the ground in order for it to be "level?" Pictures of dogs in movement can be deceiving I've noticed because if you catch the picture at the wrong time it looks like the dog is facing downward with the rear being too high off the ground when in the next picture they are even. Videos are much better for watching movement.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts