Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had Vegas over at my dads the whole time I was in Arizona, and he said that whenever he played ball with Vegas, he wasn't seeing where the ball went unless my dad clipped his topknot up. I've noticed this too, boyfriend has, and anyone that plays fetch with him.

As much as I love the topknot, I admit that I don't tie or clip it back as much as I should. He doesn't really care for it being clipped or tied and will paw and scratch at it until whatever I have holding it up is out. So I'm going to have to trim it. x_x

How do you guys think this topknot will look on Vegas? I'm growing his ears out so they'll be in that sticky-outey stage soon (I love that look lol)

Bambi on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I don't know if I'd do the trimming to the ear base like they have this girls, but I love this overall look.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Aww, but I love Vegas' huge topknot!! I understand though, Desmond went through that phase recently where his hair was too long to see the ball when I tossed it lol. I say you should just trim up the "shelf" that hangs over his eyes to let him see, but I think you could leave the rest of it big and fluffy.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
I tightened up Suri's a couple months ago. Olie as well because he cant catch nothing when the hair is in the way.

I think if you trim the front I would go on with shaping around the side I think that looks best. I like the look of those pics you attached. I am guessing that they left the back side of the head (TK) longer.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
love Bambi's look!!
I just trim Rogan's top knot above his eyes so he can see.... of course if he's wet, his hair still falls on top of his eyes, but oh well! lol

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
If you're sure, then yup definitely trim up the front. ONLY the front though! Just the 'curve' of, say, the peak on a baseball cap around the front to keep it from his eyes without loosing the BIG topknot look.

Or else persevere with tying it up, watch how you're tying it back (NOTHING puling on his skin. Not one. single. hair!) nd perhaps WHAT you're tying it back with, and discourage him from ripping it out as much as possible (ie it up before giving him a big bone or something, or playing ball! Something that might distract the stupid face-pawing, and correct him pawing at it with an 'uh-uh!')

Paris' topknot is tied up 24/7 now except when I'm changing the bands or bathing her.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
If you're sure, then yup definitely trim up the front. ONLY the front though! Just the 'curve' of, say, the peak on a baseball cap around the front to keep it from his eyes without loosing the BIG topknot look.
Explained so much better than me :)- but this is what I think would look good on him and still be able to keep the TK longer.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I kinda like Bambi's wild look. And being a groomer, I think you could do it even better. You could totally make Vegas look like a rockstar while his ears are growing out :rockon:

·
Registered
681 Posts
I think Vegas would look AWESOME with the Tina Turner Topknot (that's what we call it around our house!), we are hoping to re-grow Captain with something similar after the hottest part of the summer, since we had him taken down to a 5F (I think) all over.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Oh he'd be handsome in any style! If you aren't sure you wanna trim it yet and haven't done so already..wait till after Friday and see if ya wanna try putting small bands in-he may not notice the real little ones in his hair. I could even give ya a few to try on him and see how he likes it. It sometimes takes a bit of time to get em used to it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts