Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had a nice talk with my regular vet when Beatrice had her staples removed on Monday, he said the oncologist that we are seeing is a straight shooter. The cancer benign or malignant that Bea has is so incredible rare the oncologists re-examined the biopsied tumor themselves, even they are unsure so today an ultrasound then onward from there.

IMG_8239 (2000x1477).jpg

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Hoping for the very best for Bea and for you.

Reactions: twyla

·
Registered
7,588 Posts
i remain hopeful for you and Bea.

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Crossing my fingers that Bea will be oaky...that it is benign or if it's not, then something that can be dealt with swiftly, hopefully stopping it. Lots of be well vibes coming to Bea and you.

·
Premium Member
6,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone,

We are back from the oncologist, the news while mixed it well sucks Beatrice has Lymphangiosarcoma, it is malignant and terminal. Good news is the cancer hasn't spread elsewhere, still waiting on blood work and x-rays. The Ultrasound tech asked if they were sure Beatrice was 5 years old because she has almost geriatric kidneys. The oncologist wants to do surgery because there is still cancerous tissue remaining, wants to get better margins on the tumor to give Bea more time. No cure just more time, I am not sure I want to anything more, survival rate is 3 months to 2 1/2 years with or without treatment. I have a week or so to decide.

That's it is a nutshell.

·
Premium Member
6,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks

I'm tired but Beatrice has no clue she is sick I am holding on to her sweet happy impish nature

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
I am so sorry. Holding you both in my thoughts tonight. There is no right or wrong decision, just what is best for Bea and for you.

Reactions: Mfmst and twyla

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Oh Twlay I am sorry about the diagnosis. I truly had hopeful feelings that is was the benign type. Its hard to know what to do. I had posted awhile back about my friends doodle having cancer. It is a lymph type but I am not sure which type. But it is rare and spreads very quickly. It is always touch n go. He completed his round of chemo, lost all his hair, got shaved down went back for tests toes if he was in remission, he is not and his tumors (yes plural) are reading. They have taken him back to the university vet school for more treatment. he is a 4 year old dog. At times they say he has maybe 6 weeks but they have the funds so they can try more. I'm with you, not sure the correct route, I guess its individual. My lil cairn either has IBD or cancer. I don't want to do a scope at this time so we will try treatment for IBD and see how he progresses. This past weekend was very expensive for my limited budget. Already between 1500-1800. not sure I can squeeze more $ out right now so we will give it some time. Apparentently the lining of her intestine has swollen and the vet isScuffy is only 7. So I understand your delimma what to do proceed with more invasive treatments or let her live her life the best she can. Feel free tot all anytime and I know everyone on this forum is behind you praying 100%.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Oh Twyla I am so so sorry, what awful news. As others have said, you’ll make the decision that’s right for you and poor little Bea. Hugs xxx

·
Premium Member
5,614 Posts
:sad: :crying:

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I am so sorry. Holding you both in my thoughts tonight. There is no right or wrong decision, just what is best for Bea and for you.
Completely agree with this. Whatever decision you make is the best one.

I am so sorry for you and Beatrice and so thankful dogs do not know know what the word cancer means.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I am so, so sorry to hear this awful news. I am, and will be, holding you and little Beatrice in my thoughts. Blessed be.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts