Poodle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taken straight off a breeders site:

"We cannot take pups back due to outside exposure and unknown factors of what the pup has been through in the time gone from our environment."

" Always leave their food out, as they are nibblers."

"Please do NOT apply any flea treatments to your poodle. They do not get fleas and will possibly have a skin reaction if a topical flea treatment is used."

OMG! LOL!!! Just a few there are more ALL from the same site lol!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I can sort of agree with the first one as I've heard some stories from a breeder about people returning puppies when they weren't 100% honest as to why they were returning. But not accepting any pups back seems extremely suspicious.

The rest are just really LOL. I would definitely not buy a puppy from them.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is the name Panda in the kennel name?

if so those poor dogs...
I have nothing positive to say
Can/will not say but the sires and dams in this kennel look to be in poor condition...I agree

And OMG this is an update from one of the kennels families!! Used as a referance!!! LOOK AT THIS PIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think if I saw this happening to my pups that I sold I would DIE!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeWpY-ap1IY

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
I too have seen this website. I was completely turned off by the state of the adult poodles. I beleive this breeder is in the western Washington area. I didn't agree with their phylosophy and did not persue them as a possible breeder for one of my dogs.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Passion4poodles - I agree... I would be horrified!!
Isn’t it bad for their ears ?!?! I always heard that you shouldn’t have your dog’s head stick out the car window cause it’s bad for their ears/eyes.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I see they have their eyes covered, but that wind looks too much for their ears-plus they are exposed to debris, rocks, etc. which another vehicle could hit and the stuff could hit the dogs resulting in injury or death. That guy seems to be a kook! But I have seen worse.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Here are some points to consider before making a judgement:

Free feeding a puppy is perfectly acceptable by many people and will not harm the puppy...obviously this breeder believes in this method.
Pictures of their poodles....they are completely shaved down...not the best look for any poodle.
Terms and conditions...she/he spells it out in far more detail than others,but nothing unusual there.
The picture from a puppy purchaser?
Silly,not safe...but I don't think any harm was meant by it.
JMO,of course.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is why people like me are having to rescue pure breed dogs from the shelters. It does scream puppy mill. They'll sell to anybody. Poodles don't get fleas! Ha That is funny. If people can get fleas from their dogs, why can't poodles? Just laughable. Don't you just want to take these dumbasses out back and shoot them!?!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here are some points to consider before making a judgement:

Free feeding a puppy is perfectly acceptable by many people and will not harm the puppy...obviously this breeder believes in this method.
Pictures of their poodles....they are completely shaved down...not the best look for any poodle.
Terms and conditions...she/he spells it out in far more detail than others,but nothing unusual there.
The picture from a puppy purchaser?
Silly,not safe...but I don't think any harm was meant by it.
JMO,of course.
SF your opinion as with everyone on here are important, I agree the shave downs are not the best look for any poodle as alot of them look as if they are emaciated when shaved, yesterday when I saw this site, I was like..."I can not believe they would not take pups back, and poodles do not get flea's?" The pics of the dogs just added to my thought of "OMG I would NOT purchase a pup from them", but I also tried to make sure NOT to add names links to the site or anything as I do not want to name bash anyone, expecially those I have never had personal experiance with.

This is why people like me are having to rescue pure breed dogs from the shelters. It does scream puppy mill. They'll sell to anybody. Poodles don't get fleas! Ha That is funny. If people can get fleas from their dogs, why can't poodles? Just laughable. Don't you just want to take these dumbasses out back and shoot them!?!
If the breeder would refuse to take a pup back then yes I think that would contribute to the population of PB dogs in the shelters, I believe it is the breeders resposbility to take the pup back if the owner can no longer care for/have it, just seems like not wanting to take a homeless family member in to me....and the fleas!! OMG YA! That is the MOST rediculase thing I have ever heard about poodles LOL!!! Although I wish it were true! I would sure save ALOT in preventative!!!!!! And I would not be considering getting Guineas fowl for my yard Planting lavender and what ever else I can do to naturally treat my yard LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I think the biggest thing any "newbie" need to pay attention to is the fine print. I can't tell you how many breeder sites (of several different breeds) I seen that offer a "health guarantee." When you read the guarantee (if it's even posted) it's only for "life threatening" conditions and/or the puppy has to be returned. First hip dysplasia, luxating patellas and many other hereditary health issues may not be fatal, but they can still be very costly and affect a dogs quality of life. Second, very few people are going to return a puppy and most breeders know that. If the only option is returning the puppy, then they are betting you will just go away and they can keep producing unhealthy puppies. Also, if the puppy has been shipped, the buyer is still out the shipping cost to get the puppy and the shipping cost to return the puppy. Often that cost is just as much as the purchase price, so once again the breeder is being sneaky.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think the biggest thing any "newbie" need to pay attention to is the fine print. I can't tell you how many breeder sites (of several different breeds) I seen that offer a "health guarantee." When you read the guarantee (if it's even posted) it's only for "life threatening" conditions and/or the puppy has to be returned. First hip dysplasia, luxating patellas and many other hereditary health issues may not be fatal, but they can still be very costly and affect a dogs quality of life. Second, very few people are going to return a puppy and most breeders know that. If the only option is returning the puppy, then they are betting you will just go away and they can keep producing unhealthy puppies. Also, if the puppy has been shipped, the buyer is still out the shipping cost to get the puppy and the shipping cost to return the puppy. Often that cost is just as much as the purchase price, so once again the breeder is being sneaky.
ALL very good points HC! Thanks for adding!!!

·
Registered
861 Posts
Well, I am very new to the poodle (and pure-bred for that matter) world, but our breeder had us sign a contract that we would promise to give our dog back, for any reason if we could no longer keep her. And as for the health guarantee, it was for a (I hate this phrase) 'replacement puppy,' which seems fair. Also we had a (I think it was) 36 return policy for a refund.

So, yeah, I think those stipulations quoted are unreasonable, but maybe we just got really lucky.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts