Poodle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Tuck the Miniature Poodle, May 2021
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We’ve been having ongoing discussions with a local breeder for a few weeks now and yesterday we crossed the last step off my list and met the sire of the planned litter. My oldest son and I got to play with him for a bit, and we both fell head over heels for him. He lives just a couple of blocks over from our house!

So last night I emailed the breeder and told her that we’d like to officially go on the wait list for the litter if she’ll accept us. She’s said she’ll contact me in the next couple of days to finalise things and if all goes well then in late December or early January we should be bringing home our puppy!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish I got to meet Basil's Dad. That's awesome, hopefully you're towards the top of the list. Daddy daughter/son playdates :love: :love: :love:
We’re supposed to be either first or second on the list for this litter! She does two litters per year and the other one is full but this one she is only just now taking names for so we lucked out.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now for 6 months of anxious waiting , then another 8 weeks more! A joyous 2022 awaits! Is your spoo still expected to be on the small side with the Winter breeding pair?
It’s going to be a hard wait, but totally worth getting a great pup. This is the litter yeah that’s going to be smaller. The sire is 17”, and the hopeful dam is 17” too. There’s a small chance it may need to be the backup dam, but she’s also only 18.5” so not a huge difference.

·
Registered
523 Posts
So are you expecting a Standard or Mini?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congratulations! I loved Peggy’s dad. So nice to be able to meet the dam and sire.
Being able to meet the sire was so great because he was able to come to our home. He lives a few blocks away from us with a family and actually comes from the same breeder we’re working with (another genetic line though obviously, she’s using females she’s added to her breeding lines that she got from other breeders). Him coming to our house though let my son meet him in a place where he felt safe and comfortable. Sometimes he’s hesitant around strange dogs until he’s met them a few times, but this time he marched right up to the dog and started playing with him. They were such a perfect match!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.