Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 8 year old stpoodle he has a thickness under his skin of his neck.It started as a little thickness that was so small now itsgrown .My vet was watching it and did a needle biopsy but it showed some fatty tissue and other cells but now he was gona operate and take it out but he has been working he is not well
He has another vet to take his place but i dont feel comfortable has anyone ever had something like this occur ?I would appreciate it if you have any idea thank you.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
If it is a lipoma, then yes, my old dogs have had them. For the most part we leave them alone until they interfere with the dog's movement... or are in a spot that is constantly irritated by a collar, or clippers. Sailor, 14, has three large ones and a few small ones. None are big enough to see through his coat, but you can feel them when you pet him. At his age, the lipomas are never going to be an issue.The lipomas, are loose, under the skin, and can be moved around.

·
Super Moderator
1,819 Posts
Agreed, if it is a lipoma. Pogo has a slow growing one in his belly. It's not causing him any trouble, so I'm leaving it alone. I might have had it removed if it was in another spot, say, right where his collar or harness rubs. All lumps are different, so a vet is really the best person to consult.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts