Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UGH I brought Pixie to the same woman who's been cutting her every 3 weeks since I took her home. Yesterday I said to take a LITTLE legnth off as it was getting unruly and I think she didn't check the guard because when I picked her up the groomer was a little sheepish "she is a little shorter than normal....."

And when i saw her, well she looks good but NO LONGER LIKE MY BABY WAAAAAH. I said to Dave now we know what she'll look like as an adult but she's only 6 months! I wanted that downy fur until her adult coat came in.

Anyway I didn't make a fuss because she does look nice and it's easier to care for but when I take her back in a month I don't think she'll be cutting any off except for her feet/sanitary areas!

·
Premium Member
22,983 Posts
The first time the fluff comes off can be a shocker, but it does reveal how nicely built poodles are! Post a picture.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The first time the fluff comes off can be a shocker, but it does reveal how nicely built poodles are! Post a picture.
so strange the pics didn't post! here she is.

Attachments

·
Registered
592 Posts
She looks great!

Don't worry, she'll get a little fluffier every day.

·
Registered
586 Posts
She does look great! It will grow, i am fond of shorter cut too, milo’s cut is way shorter than that...lol

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I def was planning her in a shorter cut when she got older but she was still my fluffy downy baby and now she looks like a gawky teen to me lol.

Thanks all, she's still darling and it is much easier!

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
I think she looks lovely - and there is something very endearing about gangly teenagers!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think that length is great (although I want to see her in a clean face ;) ). Her hair will grow out lightning fast, don't worry!
This is the first time I've not had them shave it! lol! She always has a shaved face but I left it fuzzy this time. I'll shave it again next time.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
As a groomer from the looks of it they probably used the longest guard comb most groomer's own, so unless they did a full body hand scissor (which generally costs quite a bit more as it's more labour intensive and takes a great deal of skill especially on a puppy and puppy hair) this was probably the longest they could do. Looks like they hand scissored the legs in to leave them longer.
Maybe they could have been more clear on exactly what length to expect, but it would have been hard to leave it longer.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I like her groom that is very similar to how I kept Renn, it was easier on me, him and the groomer. now have her go shorter. But we religiously go every 4 weeks.

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
I don't think that is too short at all! You still have lots of 'fluff' to cuddle! And i'll be soooo much easier to keep from matting during the dreaded 'coat change' if you keep it this way until the adult coat is in!

Reactions: Aimiloo

·
Registered
7,158 Posts
It won't take long before her hair has grown back - but she's adorable at this length too.

I echo Zooeysmom in wanting to see a close shaved face - she's such a pretty girl.

Reactions: Aimiloo

·
Premium Member
9,622 Posts
At that length you won’t even notice coat change. Look at it as staying ahead of the matts. She is still as cute as can be, no worries there. Buck has a huge coat and after one of the early puppy grooms, he came out looking like the Cricket Cellular character, only black. DH said, “They made him look fat!” He’s been topknot, tail and short body ever since:)

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
I think that length is great (although I want to see her in a clean face ;) ). Her hair will grow out lightning fast, don't worry!
Oh God is that a true statement, and the older they get the quicker it grows out. My girls faces and private groome every 12 to 14 days, once a month and I keep them with a 7 and pompoms, in the winter a 4

·
Premium Member
22,983 Posts
She looks great and everybody is right she will be fluffed out before you know it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts