Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took some pics of Billy before and after I shaved his face last week. He looked so nice that I thought I would share them with you.

Before shave

After his shave

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Man doesn't it just make his eyes pop? Have you ever accidently clipped a tiny bit of the base of his bubble? I'm terrified to do that with my spoo since I want a tied topknot. x_x He looks very smashing! ^^

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man doesn't it just make his eyes pop? Have you ever accidently clipped a tiny bit of the base of his bubble? I'm terrified to do that with my spoo since I want a tied topknot. x_x He looks very smashing! ^^
YES I HAVE!!! And I nearly cried. I clipped him just a bit to high between the eyes and it took months for it to grow long enough to stay in the band again!! Now, I put his top up before I shave him then I just follow the line.

Thanks for the compliment.

·
Registered
263 Posts
He is so pensive in the photo above. I love the soft look
of his face. He is simply gorgeous! And what a lovely job
you do on him!

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
He is very handsome and looks so different w/ just a little bit of clipping, lol. The girls on the Maltese forum have a nervous breakdown anytime a groomer trims the hair around the eyes b/c it take so long to grow it back out for the topknot. Plus it gets in their eyes while it's growing. If you keep it trimmed, you have to trim it constantly. I do Bailey's eyes and inbetween his pads almost every week.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
He is lovely. I cannot see that he is blue. He does llok like he has a bit of brindling under his yeres. Is this just the flash or is that accurate. But his coat looks BLACK! And he is indeed handsome.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He is lovely. I cannot see that he is blue. He does llok like he has a bit of brindling under his yeres. Is this just the flash or is that accurate. But his coat looks BLACK! And he is indeed handsome.
I wanted to use natural window light from the kitchen where I groom my dogs. I used a very high ISO on my camera and shot it natural. The only light compensation that wasn't made was the overhead incandescent light that cast a bit of yellow on him. So he appears a bit on the brown rather than blue side. That doesn't mean that he is blue; only that he is a warmer black than he really is in real life.

Under his eyes is mainly skin because of the close shave. It is his skin you are seeing; not hair.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Another week and a day before we know. She looks the same but we could get a surprise so we are waiting and watching!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
He is so gorgeous. I just love how soulful his eyes are. He looks like the gentle understanding gentleman that we all dream about.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
He is so gorgeous. I just love how soulful his eyes are. He looks like the gentle understanding gentleman that we all dream about.
LOL, BFF, that is Billy to the T. Deb and I have always called him "the old sole" from when we got him. He is gentle, thoughtful and more mature than his age. He is playful.... as you have seen by the play pics... but is a total gentleman in all things!

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
he is very beautiful! do you ever put any cream on so he doesn't scratch - my guys are going next week and they always scratch and make sores on the close shaved face but I love the close look

1 - 20 of 23 Posts