Poodle Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Weirdest steal was a few months after I brought Ziggy home. I was just starting to trust him with more house access, so he had the hall, bathroom, and kitchen where I was on a work call. After the call I poked my head in the hall and saw him happily muching away on a 5 blade shaving razor. He had taken each blade out individually and was munch on them.
After a panicked trip to the ER, he was totally fine. Just a small superficial cut on his tongue. I'll never understand how he got it or how he could possibly enjoy chewing on that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Howie was Mr. Perfect, except the one time he retrieved a dove and decided to abscond with it. He ate it. 20 minutes later, my black show dog was green, vomiting it up. That is the only hunting retrieve he ever failed at And the only thing he ever stole in his life.

Rowdy doesn’t steal anything. He might be Mr. Not-so-perfect, but it’s one thing he does better than Mr. Perfect.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Our pup would grab anything she could reach like canon would bolt thru the house to the dog door and drop it just outside said dog door, take two steps and wait for someone come to get it. We had to go out our back door but when we would get close to said item she would snatch it up & take it back in the house. Dad and I had get said item working as a team. One inside the dog door & one out.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Fosty Frolic, a mini white poodle stole my retainer. I had taken it out during the night because it was hurting and put it on my night table. He found it and destroyed it. Another time, he climbed up onto the kitchen table while I was at work and ate a bunch of Hershey's kisses that were in a bowl. Luckily, it didn't make him sick. He had an iron stomach. When he was eating the carpet, someone suggested I pour Tobasco on the carpet to stop this behavior. I did. He licked up the Tobasco and went to take a nap. Didn't even head to his water bowl.

My standard, Baker McKenzie, stole my night guard off the bathroom counter while I was in the shower and destroyed it. I wasn't used to having a dog that could reach the counter.

When my Sheltie was a pup, he found a AA battery in the grass while on a walk. Thank God I saw it and dodged a bullet.

·
Super Moderator
4,058 Posts
Today one of the pups stole a mug full off cherry pits off my coffee table. I'm not sure which one actually did it. Galen is the one that normally steals things. Ritter, however, has shown interest in cherries in the past, and he was the one lying in the dog bed with the mug when I returned to the room. I found one cherry pit remaining in the mug and two more lying on the floor. I guess I'll find out which one is the thief some time later tonight or tomorrow morning when the evidence reemerges from the guilty dog.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts