Poodle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today Peggy picked a gorgeous green pepper, right in front of me. Just plucked it from the bush. That is officially the weirdest thing she’s ever stolen.

But today she also didn’t steal a big bag of chicken jerky, which I’d forgotten outside. Not even up off the ground. It was on the deck! I came back out and she was just standing there next to it.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Phoebe steals everything. Her favorite is shoes. She tries to take my slides off so she can run around with them. She also plucks the ripe cherry tomatoes off the plants.

·
Premium Member
Miss Pia Maria (10/6/2014) Mr. Leonard Pink (8/7/2017) Walter Grey (9/28/2010(
7,799 Posts
My toothless toy Poodle Flower stole my mother's dentures

·
Registered
Fenris (spoo), Sushi (old grumpy cat)
340 Posts
Fenris stole my cat's treat. I put them high up on his perch, but Sushi decided it wasn't up to his standard and didn't eat it. I have no idea how Fenris got 6 feet up but next thing I know he is the one munching on the treat. Maybe the cat knocked it down for him? I guess I'll never know.

·
Premium Member
Elroy: Standard Poodle 02/20/21
2,383 Posts
Elroy likes to steal my socks. I tuck them into my shoes when I take them off for a breather, but he just must have them! He's also always taking the dish towels off the stove handle too. Everything he steals winds up in the dining room (I keep his toy in there) where they are easily retrieved.

·
Registered
Leo (GSD), Lily (APBT), and Simon (SPoo)
557 Posts
With a five month old puppy, probably the most commonly said thing around here is "Now what do you have?". On the "Things I Have Taken Away From Simon" list are: leashes, cat toys, my hair brush, a Swiffer duster thingie, socks, shoes, flip flips, towels and washcloths, gloves, a Sharpie, ponytail scrunchies, underwear, a lens cap, and my camera (that one cost me a new lens). Those are the ones I remember, anyway...

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I know I had a picture of it! Little tomato thief! Good thing she leaves the actual plants alone. She doesn’t eat the tomatoes, just collects them to play with. 🤦‍♀️

·
Registered
9,394 Posts
My toothless toy Poodle Flower stole my mother's dentures
You made my day with this. :eek:

Weirdest steal? A rubber stopper in the sliding glass doors which I have heavily coated in hot sauce because he kept pulling it out. It lies on the track the glass slides on. This dog is happy to eat hot sauce and it doesn’t affect his digestion… thanks for an iron stomach. It has lots of chew marks till I hid it. :cry:

I can drop food on the floor and Theo will leave them alone. We’ve played a lot of “leave it” and focus on me while dropping treats and it seems to generalized. I wouldn’t leave food down for very long. No need to tempt my dogs or damage my training.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Weirdest steal? A rubber stopper in the sliding glass doors which I have heavily coated in hot sauce because he kept pulling it out. It lies on the track the glass slides on. This dog is happy to eat hot sauce and it doesn’t affect his digestion… thanks for an iron stomach. It has lots of chew marks till I hid it. :cry:
Have you tried Bitter Apple? It's truly horrible. And yes, I am speaking from (accidental) experience.

Reactions: ShamrockPoodle

·
Registered
9,394 Posts
Have you tried Bitter Apple? It's truly horrible. And yes, I am speaking from (accidental) experience.
No, I had the hot sauce so that was handy.

I just removed the stop for awhile until he forgot about it. He’s not chewing anything inappropriate, just the bully sticks and, knock on wood, I think he’s past the worst.

It if he starts to chew inappropriately I will be ordering Bitter Apple…. And I won’t “taste“ it. Haha. Thanks.

·
Registered
130 Posts
No, I had the hot sauce so that was handy.

I just removed the stop for awhile until he forgot about it. He’s not chewing anything inappropriate, just the bully sticks and, knock on wood, I think he’s past the worst.

It if he starts to chew inappropriately I will be ordering Bitter Apple…. And I won’t “taste“ it. Haha. Thanks.
Oh yes you will. It gets in the air and you breath it. Any surface you put it on, it will transfer to your hands. It doesn't wash off immediately. I sprayed my shoes two weeks ago. It still gets gets on my hands. And it didn't even deter my silly puppy.

·
Super Moderator
12,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh yes you will. It gets in the air and you breath it. Any surface you put it on, it will transfer to your hands. It doesn't wash off immediately. I sprayed my shoes two weeks ago. It still gets gets on my hands. And it didn't even deter my silly puppy.
Yeah, I’ll never use the stuff again. Not worth it. We were the only ones affected by it. Lol.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Topper stole a screwdriver I was using to punch holes in little containers for nose work. He tried to get me to play "keep-away" but I just found another screwdriver to use. He steals all kinds of normal stuff too, like shoes, socks, paper towels napkins, and tissues. We have started calling the last three items "Topper Tempters." His favorite socks are my husband's gently used wool socks. He doesn't chew on them any more, but he loves to steal them, prance around proudly, then lie down with his chin on them. And look up at you with those poodle eyes. Topper got his dad two pairs of wool socks for his birthday earlier this month so there's more stuff to steal.

·
Premium Member
Mia, Christmas in June 2010
3,760 Posts
Not too surprising, but when she was younger, Mia would steal not-yet-cleaned spatulas from the sink and carry them outside to clean herself. For years we would find spatulas in the middle of our lawn. A few years ago I noticed she had stopped and I discarded all of the cooking utensils with bite marks, clearing up a lot of space.

Didn't steal is harder....

·
Registered
557 Posts
Topper stole a screwdriver I was using to punch holes in little containers for nose work. He tried to get me to play "keep-away" but I just found another screwdriver to use.

Oh yeah, screw drivers and my electrician pliers are also on the list of "Things I've taken Away From Simon". And pecans... lots of dead pecans.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I cannot tell you how much I am appreciating this thread! Bobby loves to steal so I am finding it very funny but I’m also encouraged to know my poodle isn’t the only thief. I have to work pretty hard to keep
things “Bobby proof.”🤪
He has a real thing for pens, the inserts in my shoes, plastic food containers and one particular tv remote. I absolutely know he watches and waits for me to slip up and forget.

I don’t know if it’s weird but I am surprised he doesn’t steal dirty clothes. He could easily steal stuff from the laundry baskets but he doesn’t touch them.

I do use bitter apple for one particular thing. Bobby liked to dig in the corners of the couch when he was younger and bitter apple was the only thing that worked. Just one little spray on the couch corner worked like magic. He doesn’t do it much anymore but every once in awhile he tries. All I have to do is hold the bitter apple bottle and he stops and jumps off the couch. I never have to spray. 😉

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Lucky! I spray the kids legs and shorts with bitter spray, shoes, kid stuff she just won’t leave alone… the list goes on but I’m blanking right now. It doesn’t completely deter her but it does make her think twice. I even told my husband the other night that I think we’ve used more bitter spray with her than with all the other puppies we’ve had combined!

Reactions: ShamrockPoodle
1 - 20 of 28 Posts