Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG I never thought it could be this hilarious to have a small dog at my house with the 2 afghans.......both afghans are in high spirits and wrestling with each other and Ella, being a mire 4 lbs stands on the side lines bouncing back and forth almost like a referee, LOL. It's nice that the afghans have finally decided that Ella is fun to have around and she wants to follow them everywhere.....I think she's eventually going to have a complex and think she's an afghan with how she wants to be like her big sisters, LOL.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Haha that sounds soo funny and cute! I love it when little dogs play with big dogs, it's so sweet :)
Also, your Afghans are GORGEOUS! Ahh so beautiful! Those dogs kill me every time I see them :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
I love your dogs!!! Afghans are so elegant, and the bright pink bow is perfect for Ella.
How DO you keep up with all the grooming?!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
With the afghans, I have a routine for them, takes me about an hour to an hour an a half to brush them, bath them and I let them air dry since regardless of the time of year, it is warm enough to do that at some point during the day. Right now, until I find a mentor to help me learn poodle grooming, I'm just taking her to a groomer because she is little miss wild thing, LOL.

I love the pink bow too, it's fun watching her topknot grow out! Tomorrow will hopefully be her first conformation class....hopefully miss wild thing can stand still for an exam.....probably not.....she'll want to kiss the judge, LOL.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Your dogs are adorable!!! I love it when big and little dogs are friends, it's very endearing. And you better believe your little poodle will think she is an Afghan, it's inevitable.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Totally adorable!!! Taking Ella to handling classes is a very good idea! It will help both of you know what to expect in the ring! I have a toy and a standard, and let me tell you it is to funny to see that my toy Tinkerbell is the alpha LOL! Great pics!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes.....and I need training to learn how to show a small dog vs a large one, LOL......you mean I can WALK instead of SPRINT? That's a noval idea.....LOL. Although I think she is harder to hand stack then a larger breed, so squirmy! Thankfully she naturally freestacks, just to get her to do that on cue

1 - 9 of 9 Posts