Poodle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is it that shoe salesman spammer is able to post without the introduction? And give himself a 5 star rating?

I gave him a Terrible rating and hope that the best forum on the web won't be inundated with this kind of garbage. And I guess I won't ever be buying UGGS!

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Every time I see a post from one of these ... people ... I send a private message to Roxy, spoospirit and poodleadmin (Yung) and ask them to Zap 'em!! As soon as one of them can, they remove the posts and ban the user, but they keep popping up, like ROACHES!! :(

ETA: roxy just sent me a message that the user's posts were deleted and the user was banned (again)!! YEA ROXY!! :)

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
How is it that shoe salesman spammer is able to post without the introduction? And give himself a 5 star rating?

I gave him a Terrible rating and hope that the best forum on the web won't be inundated with this kind of garbage. And I guess I won't ever be buying UGGS!
Unfortunately, this is the nature of bored people who have nothing better to do than to sit around all day making up spam for legitimate forums. They can give themselves a five star rating to attract attention to their post.

The good news is that they are usually caught the same day as they post by either one of us moderators or by a member who notifies us and we go out and get the buggers.

Please don't be discouraged by this. As soon as you realize you are reading spam, either notify one of us or ignore because someone else is bound to let us know and they will be gone along with their threads/posts.

Debbie
Deputy Sheriff

·
Administrator
723 Posts
In the old days, spammers were "bots" sent out to post stupid and obvious spam stuff. These days, people who are spamming are resorting to hiring people in poorer countries and putting them in front of a computer all day searching for forums to register and spam on. They are no longer bots but in most cases, real people. The war on spammers goes on.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
In the old days, spammers were "bots" sent out to post stupid and obvious spam stuff. These days, people who are spamming are resorting to hiring people in poorer countries and putting them in front of a computer all day searching for forums to register and spam on. They are no longer bots but in most cases, real people. The war on spammers goes on.

Amazing! And whatever do they get out of actually hiring people to do stuff like this??

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
how can they post with out intros?

I had that same question lol

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
cause I guess their his intro is the junk he posted
None of the spammers made intros. They posted in other sections and i was wondering how can they so hopefully it can be fixed. I automatically ban people if they have weird names hahaha like webghost abc123 lol

·
Administrator
723 Posts
Ok I fixed it. All newly registered users must post in the welcome area first. Then they will get access to the rest of the forums after. I'll post this in a new thread so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Whew! I thought that was the idea originally but didn't know how they were bypassing it. I am not that savvy when it comes to how these things are done so I assumed they just knew how to get past it!!

Thanks for fixing it Yung!

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
there is a little symbol at the bottom of every post that looks like this:
if you click on it, it'll report that post to the mods, so you don't need to PM them separately. :)

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
there is a little symbol at the bottom of every post that looks like this:
if you click on it, it'll report that post to the mods, so you don't need to PM them separately. :)
Thanks FD!! That'll be a lot quicker when I want to tattle... Although it's always nice to find mail in your private message box, too! :)

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
UGHHHHH :fish: I HATE SPAMMERS LOL

BTW- I registered without obligatory "intro" :)- so it was not activated at that time and that "hurdle" can possibly help if it will restrict posting until membership is activated by the Admin or Mod : ))) !!!

Since our Plum likes PMs - I think it would be nice that we all send her notes from time to time ;).

PD - that is great info - who would know LMAO - I feel as such an "ignoramus" when computers are in question !!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts