Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lacey plays this game (by herself) that we refer to as the sleeping ball game. She will lay on her side, on the floor with a tennis ball and roll it around with her nose or her front foot until its just out of reach. Then, she will put her head down and close her eyes and lay very still like she's asleep. Every few seconds she will open one eye and "check" on the ball. Then, with her eyes closed she will reach out and touch the ball and make it roll just a bit. Then, she jumps to her feet and pounces on the ball like its trying to get away. Its so silly and absolutely hilarious! Any insight? Does anybody else's poodle play a silly game like this??

·
Registered
123 Posts
Nikki is silly all the time, but not in this particular way. I would *love* to see a video of this! That sounds hilarious. They're such clever dogs, aren't they? I think games like this show that poodles have great imaginations. They're pretending things. That is simply amazing when you stop and think about it.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Oh that is just hilarious! No, Liberty doesn't play that one. That is some seriously advanced thinking skills Lacey has there! I can just imagine it...Boy they're smart.

btw, did you get my pms?

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
that's adorable! Teddy plays with the ball by himself - he shoots it out of his mouth and pounces on it - has a grand old time!

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Tooooo cute, Lacey!!!! One of Lucy's very most favorite toys is her tennis ball - she loves to play with people, but she's also very content to play ball by herself. When she's really lazy, she'll lie on the floor a few feet away from me and roll the ball to me with her nose. I roll it back between her paws and she'll roll it back to me (like we used to play with Katy when she was a toddler!!) A few of her tennis balls also squeak and she'll take those and drop them onto the hard floor to make them give a tiny squeak.

I always smile when she plays with her toys since my other two dogs aren't big on playing. Hannah is an older dog and is not really interested in toys of any kind, and Juliet only likes to "kill" stuffies - rip all the stuffing out and desqueak them!

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Olie does this! I always think he is so carefree and content just him and his ball.

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
How cute is that?? I love how they amuse themselves. The boys love the sqeakies and will toss them through the air and pounce on them to make them squeak, and they have this look on their faces like "I didn't know it did THAT!" then do it again. Even old Thinker at twelve, just loves playing squeaky games. They also have contests, one in the hall, one in the office to see who can squeak the most or loudest. Whenever I am on the phone with my daughter and the boys are doing this, she asks what the he** the racket is. I have gotten so that most times I don't even hear their noise, because they are happy.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
My Teddy amuses himself by picking up things--could be any little thing, a ball, a cat toy, a crunchy dog biscuit that I gave him so long ago I didn't remember it (LOL - he doesn't really like crunchy dog biscuits, so he just hid that one somewhere to play with it later). Then he tosses his head and throws whatever it is, then goes to fetch it. Sometimes I feel like he doesn't need me for anything. ;)

·
Registered
752 Posts
ROFL! You crack me up!
:rofl::Sure wish I could give away PMS, but I'm pretty sure no one would want it!!! Big grin here. Didn't even notice until you brought it to my attention. . . goodness. :redface:

·
Registered
123 Posts
LOL!!! I love the image of them trying to squeak louder than each other. And you don't even notice. That is so cute! Sometimes I think I should get Nikki a puppy. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts