Poodle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning started all dark and rainy so Mum said we would wait for it to get a bit better before we went for a walk. And when we did it started to rain again while I was still sniffing to see if the birds had dropped any bits of cat food, and Mum got cross with me for making her come to look for me and we all sat in the car till it stopped. Mum thought it had blown over and when we got to the river the sun was shining so we set off and then I stopped for a poo and Sophy went off into the grass to find a good spot and it started to rain very hard and then the sky started throwing lots and lots of pieces of ice at us very hard! Mum tried to shelter under a tree but it didn't have enough leaves left to make much difference and I sheltered under Mum, and Sophy was still off in the grass trying to do a poo but the ice distracted her and you know how that slows you down. And her ears were getting flatter and flatter as they do when she is Not Happy, and we were all getting wetter and wetter until at last she finished and we all dashed back to the car and came home and had Nice Warm Towels off the radiator in the hall.

And Mum says if it is going to be that sort of day we will stay at home and bake nice things for dogs and humans and play rainy day games instead of walks, and we think that sounds like a Very Good Idea - the sky should not be allowed to throw stuff like that!

Poppy xxx

·
Registered
39 Posts
Enzo here. I agree that the sky should not throw stuff at you, it's so rude! It is ok, however, if you throw your toy at your human. I enjoy throwing my toys. I like days when humans bake yummy things, so I guess it is a good thing that the sky decided to throw things.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Misha here. That sounds very rude of the sky! Sophy should be able to poop in peace! But I also think that sounds incredibly fun. Sometimes the air throws leaves at me and I love to chase and catch them. I like to eat ice so I think I would be so happy if the sky threw it at me! I bet it would bounce all over like my rubber ball.

·
Premium Member
15,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Leaves are OK - they fly around and don't hurt - but little bits of ice really sting if they catch you somewhere without thick fur. Mum made hundreds and millions and thousands of treats and we had lots, and in the afternoon we even got a walk - not a very long one but a mile or so and we got back to the car just before it started raining again. Mum says we have to grab walks when we can because it is going to rain and rain and RAIN for the next few days. I don't mind being lazy but Sophy starts inventing interesting things to do if she can't go out, and Mum says the house is messy enough already. And it's being dark a lot at the moment, too, so we can't just go and run around outside. That's something else that shouldn't be allowed - dark when we wake up, and dark again just after teatime - hardly any time left at all to go out and do things!

Poppy xxx

·
Super Moderator
5,276 Posts
Galen sympathizes. It snowed yesterday. The snow itself was interesting and fun - the last time we had snow he was so small he can't really remember it - but the slush puddles were unpleasant.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.