Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reggie’s given himself the very important job of guarding the shower. Even if I’m just brushing my teeth, he takes up his post to guard against...running out of hot water, maybe? He takes his job very seriously and thinks his pay should be raised to two treats and four ear scratches a day. Does your poodle have a self-appointed job?

IMG_8096.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
739 Posts
He knows how good he looks against that floor.

Right now Normie's totally self-appointed job is waking us up in the morning.

·
Super Moderator
5,111 Posts
Love that floor! I have a shower guardian, too, but Peggy's taken it one step further:

She now feels she must also rest her head in my lap while I use the toilet.

Her other very important job is sprinting after my husband when he goes out to the garage through our laundry room. When she was a small puppy, she was afraid of the steps. So we made a big fuss when she finally conquered her fear.....and apparently the praise stuck. ?

·
Registered
468 Posts
My girls know my routine is to visit the bathroom first in the morning, so they race ahead and check it out before I get there. So funny! They also seem to think they have to barge in when I'm taking a shower. Our bathroom door does not stay shut, so they are able to get a foot or nose on the exposed edge of the door just enough to wing it open and come in to check on me. The other day I was showering with the door as shut as it could be, when suddenly it was flung open dramatically! I was startled but then looked down and saw the parade of poodles marching in to investigate that I still existed and hadn't gone anywhere when they had turned their backs.:rolleyes: Of course, they don't close it when they leave, and I can't reach from the shower, so all my warm air escapes and I get frozen soon after.

·
Super Moderator
1,459 Posts
My girls know my routine is to visit the bathroom first in the morning, so they race ahead and check it out before I get there. So funny! They also seem to think they have to barge in when I'm taking a shower. Our bathroom door does not stay shut, so they are able to get a foot or nose on the exposed edge of the door just enough to wing it open and come in to check on me. The other day I was showering with the door as shut as it could be, when suddenly it was flung open dramatically! I was startled but then looked down and saw the parade of poodles marching in to investigate that I still existed and hadn't gone anywhere when they had turned their backs.:rolleyes: Of course, they don't close it when they leave, and I can't reach from the shower, so all my warm air escapes and I get frozen soon after.
My cat pushes the door open and lets all the cold air in too! He also likes to take the bathmat. 😾

·
Registered
468 Posts
He also likes to take the bathmat.
LOL! That's so annoying! I had forgotten, but when they were younger, that was one thing they would also do - steal the bathmat to play tug of war when I was in the shower. Not only has the warm air escaped out the door but then you have to step on the cold floor.😂

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Gracie and Misty both scratch the bath mat into a ball and lay on it, so even if I kick them off when I get out, I only have about six inches of rolled up mat to step on!

Reactions: cowpony
1 - 10 of 10 Posts