Poodle Forum banner
221 - 227 of 227 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #222 ·
I have discovered that the pen in the bedroom has the same sort of door as the one downstairs and I know how to open that, so last night I got to go out with Sophy twice. It is interesting in the dark, even with a lead on.

This morning some very exciting things happened. Gus and Elton caught up with us while we walking and I had a lovely game with them, then on the way back MH put my lead on to walk past the cows and I saw Solo and his Human up ahead, so once we were past the cows she let me run ahead to say hello. But there were more cows lying down hidden in the long grass just by where Solo was and when I'd said hello I saw them and went to bark at them and make them go away. And they lumbered off to join the others, and I chased after them, and I could have herded them all right up the field but MH called me back and after a bit I heard her and remembered that she had chicken in her pocket so it was worth leaving the game. She said I was Very Good to come but chasing cows is Not Allowed, and the sooner I forget how exciting it was the better...

[Weeks of carefully practising walking past on lead undone in one glorious chase... The young bullocks weren't particularly fussed, but good manners around livestock is an essential life skill where we live. More practice needed... fjm]

·
Premium Member
6,952 Posts
Dear Freddy,

What would you do if you caught one? They're a bit big to dig a hole and hide them in. I don't think you'd be able get it thru the door either.

Maybe it's best to just admire them from a distance. Your MH has more experience in these cows and I think it will make her happy if you do that.

·
Premium Member
15,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #226 ·
I don't think I want to catch one - I just like the way they go away when I chase them. I certainly couldn't fit one in my crate in the car... Sophy says she once had the same problem with a rabbit she caught - she carried it all the way back to the car but when she got there she couldn't jump in while carrying it, so had to swap it for a biscuit and let MH take it away. I bet I could get lots of biscuits for a whole cow...

·
Premium Member
15,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #227 ·
We are having an interesting time. Yesterday when we got home from our walk there was a parcel waiting with tummy medicine just in case and lots of things for me - 6 squeaky balls and something called a Dumble which is a really good shape to carry and doesn't get lost as easily as a ball. Then MH spent ages being busy-busy-boring putting shiny stuff on the back door and she wouldn't let me help or even go near as she said I would get sticky, but she was the one who got stuck because the wall of tables and boxes she had built to keep me out was too close to the door for her to get up when she'd done the bottom bit!

Then last night she got all cross and impatient because her computer thing wasn't working properly, and when we got up this morning it still wasn't working even after a good night's sleep so she was still a bit grumpy and wouldn't let me go and help the nice men who are making a huge hole by the gate. Poppy says they have monsters, but I think it is very interesting and I'm very good at digging so I'm sure they would like me to help if MH wasn't so mean. But we did go out in the car very early and MH went to a shop for a few minutes and then we went for a lovely early morning walk along the shore because the shop is near there and when we came back she fixed the computer thing and did some more shiny stuff and had a coffee and stopped being grumpy. But she still won't let me go and watch the digging...

221 - 227 of 227 Posts