Poodle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am Freddy. My Human says I am old enough to write my own diary now, and she will help with the long words if I ask her. We are having something called Crismas and it is fun but very muddly - there are lots of big red pads instead of the kind we have at home and lots of people shrieking when they step in things I do on them and Human telling them that if they will lift me out of my pen then leave all the doors open and not watch me it is not her fault and we go out in the garden lots and lots, which is lovely because there are really interesting things to chase - big brown birds called fesants and a big brown animal that ran very fast that Human says was hair. It was certainly hairy. And there are very big white woolly things over the fence but it seems it is very, very important to leave them alone.

I got some new toys yesterday, and there are lots of the nice brown chewy things that pop out of bottles to play with and lots more people I know to cuddle so it is very nice, just a bit muddly about the mats and not chasing things.

(Puppy in training + careless humans + scatter rugs + dim lights + bare feet = Guess what...)

·
Premium Member
6,031 Posts
Hello Freddy! You're in very good literary company with your Aunties :). I'm looking forward to getting your side of things :).

Reactions: fjm

·
Premium Member
14,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is still sort of Crismas but we are at another house and I know this one better and it is easier to find the right pads and not so busy and muddly. But it is very wet with lots of water falling from the sky so I didn't want to poo outside and did it on the pad in my nice warm pen and my Human says that is not as good as outside but is OK because she didn't like standing around out in the cold and wet either.

Everything is shrinking - it is very strange. When I first came to live with Poppy and Sophy they were much bigger than me but now they are hardly as big as I am, and toys I could not get my mouth round are so much smaller I can pick them up two at a time, and very nearly three sometimes. And if I bounce I can nearly bounce out of the travel pen it has shrunk so much, which is good fun, but if I really want to get out I lean hard on the side and it falls over so I can just walk out. Mostly I don't though, because it is nice and warm and comfy in there, and there are nearly always biscuits or something else good to eat, but it is nice to know I can if I want to. If everything goes on shrinking I will soon be able to climb the stairs and get up on the sofa - even the humans might get small enough to climb on!

Love Freddy xx

[I swear his legs have grown another inch in the last week! No wonder he needs so much sleep. fjm]

·
Premium Member
14,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guess what! We got home to our own house yesterday and the stairs have shrunk! Everyone went upstairs without me and I got bored waiting for them to come back down so I tried really hard and went up too, and it is easy peasy once you know how, now the stairs are a lot smaller. And I had proper grown up breakfast like Sophy because My Human forgot to order more boring biscuits in time, and it was lovely. And MH was happy because I did a poo straight away outside this morning instead of finding lots of interesting things to pounce on like I did last night (there were hundreds of them, but they were invisible and humans are hopeless at smelling things).

But last night something scary happened while I was fast asleep. MH says it was just a Bad Dream, and nothing to worry about, but I woke up all bothered and barking. MH let me get into her bed and snuggle until I felt better - she says that is what her Mum used to do when she was little and it Always Works.

It is nice to be home, where everything smells right and is in the right place and things are not muddly.

Freddy xx

[I was upstairs setting up his pen and settling the older dogs when there was a scampering noise and there was Freddy on the landing, very pleased with himself indeed. He had got as far as the third step earlier on, but doing all three flights (6, 4, and 8 steps) at the first attempt was impressive. fjm]

·
Premium Member
14,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Today I had A Bath. I always thought it looked fun when MH was in it, but now I'm not sure. I quite liked the paddling bit, but not having water tipped over me, and especially not having it splashed around my face. Warm towels are OK, but I think the blowy thing might be dangerous. MH sang me a song about lovely warm snuggles though, which felt safe and comfy, and Sophy and Poppy say the blowy thing is quite nice when you get used to it. But not Baths - Sophy goes downstairs if she thinks it might be her turn next. I am going to have to learn how to go down the stairs as well as up...

Freddy xx

·
Premium Member
10,484 Posts
Freddy, everything is shrinking because you are getting bigger! It won’t be too much longer before you can wait to go outside and do your toilet. You seem to be doing a good job at home using the pee pad, and not having accidents. The goal is to spend every night in the big girls’ bed seamlessly. You can do it!

Unfortunately, we all have to have baths and many humans use those blowing things too. It’s just the way of the world. I love sleeping with my humans and have my special spot. I’m a big guy and sometimes need more bed real estate. The male human is easy to push to the edge. Don’t try it with Tilly, the cat...

Buck

·
Premium Member
14,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am getting very good at the pees and poos outside thing - mostly just the very first pee of the day on the pad. Then I run back to the bedroom and ask to be lifted into bed and have a lovely snuggle with MH for an hour or so till it is time to get up properly. I don't think I could push her out of bed, and she is warm and cuddly so I don't need to. And Sophy and Poppy get very cross if I wake them up, so I am careful to leave them alone too. It is a very big bed so there is room for all of us, but if I go to bed in my pen I can play and chew things as much as I like without them all telling me not to wriggle, so that is better at bedtime. And during the day we do Freddy Beddy! which means something nice to eat and a comfy snooze, and that is nice too. Best of all is going for walks and running very fast and finding interesting smells and picking up sticks and leaves and splashing through puddles and meeting other dogs and humans and getting treats for being good.

This is a picture of me doing Freddy Beddy! while we were away having Crismas
Dog Dog supply Dog breed Carnivore Pet supply

Freddy xx

[Freddy Beddy! is a sanity saver. Sophy asks me to put him to bed when she has had enough, and he is so good about settling there. fjm]

·
Premium Member
14,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is me showing how very long my legs have got. This human said he didn't much like dogs but he was very good at playing and cuddles.
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Ear Companion dog

·
Premium Member
14,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am learning to do down the stairs as well as up. I practised by myself and did a whole lot while MH was baking treats - all the way down from the first landing! [6 - fjm]

·
Premium Member
14,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What do you do when your human gets all cross and grumpy? Mine is being all grumbly and I can't think why. Last night I took her out two or three times for lovely sniffy playtime, and she just moaned and muttered about puppies that won't poo. OK, we got a bit wet, but the puddles and the water running down the drain and the way the rain sparkled in the torch light were really interesting. And then I tried to cheer them all up with exciting games, like bouncing Sophy and chasing Tilly and teasing Poppy into chasing me, but none of them wanted to play and MH got grumbly again. And this morning she didn't seem to want to stay out in the fresh air for long either, and it was hardly raining at all and nearly getting light. I think she needs more exercise.
Freddy xx

[Sigh. Piling more towels onto the hall radiator and longing for Spring, longer days and better weather... fjm]

·
Premium Member
14,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sophy has taught me a new game, called Maroon-a-Puppy. She goes further and further up the stairs and I follow her, then she goes downstairs and gets into bed and leaves me stuck on the landing. I quite like the first bit of the game, but not the second bit. MH comes and carries me down after a while, but she says I must either learn how to come down the stairs, or not chase Sophy up in the first place. And she says I must also learn to play fight quietly, because she Cannot Stand That Racket a Moment Longer! But it is very, very exciting when Sophy plays at fighting and bitey facey, and making lots of pretending to be fierce noise is half the fun, and sometimes I forget and pull Sophy's ears and she gets very loud too. So then MH says Freddy Beddy! and I get a lovely biscuit and go to sleep for a bit. I think play fighting is much more fun than the marooning game...

Freddy xx

·
Premium Member
14,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My teeth feel funny. I don't like anyone holding me and looking in my mouth because it is rude and it might hurt but My Human and I play a special game when she is in the bath which I like - she gives me a big drip of bath water on her finger and I let her put it in my mouth. She says my grown up canine teeth are coming through but the baby ones are still there, which is why it feels funny. One is wobbly already and they are all nice and straight and just where they should be, so it is not go to the vet sort of feeling funny, more wait and see with lots of nice chews, which is much better.

Today I was very, very good - MH forgot to put my lead on before she opened the door and I dashed off to see if any of the other dogs were out, but when MH called I ran straight back and waited while she put the lead on and she said that was so good I should have lots of treats. And I got more while we were out for running to her even though Rusty and other dogs were there, and for Pooing In The Garden and because there were Bangs, so it was a good morning for treats and now there are hardly any left, so we might have chicken for this afternoon's walk! And I can go upstairs all by myself and open the bathroom door - it's easy, you just have to push it in the right place - and I explained that if I have dry biscuits for lunch I can't go to sleep until I have had a big drink of water and MH understood at once and gave me a bowl of water in my pen, so now I am full and comfy and sleepy snuggly and dreaming about the next walk and chicken...

Freddy xx

·
Premium Member
14,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My pen's gone! My Human got all busy tidying up, and she has tidied it away as well. I have one of the little round pens instead but I am not sure whether I like it or not. It doesn't feel nearly as safe when the noisy sucky blowy thing comes near. MH says it is An Experiment now that I am older and don't need to be in a pen as much, because the big one took up so much room and got so messy when I played with the pee pads, and it is time I began to learn to Settle Down out of the pen without teasing Sophy and Poppy and Tilly. I can sometimes, but only when I am very tired...

And I can't settle at all just now because it is nearly tea time and we are just back from a long walk and my tummy feels very empty, even though I got extra treats for doing poos outside and from two nice humans we met. And even if my eyes are closing it is not because I need a sleep, just so I don't have to think about how hungry I am. And that wasn't a yawn...

Freddy xx

1 - 20 of 50 Posts